Thread poster: JTurner
JTurner
JTurner
Local time: 12:44
English to German
+ ...
Mar 21, 2017

Hi everyone,

does anyone know how to include Excel comments when importing an Excel file into Across (v6.3)?
I sense it has something to do with "Dokumenteneinstellungsvorlagen" (don't know what they call those in English - document setting templates?), but I just can't figure out what to do. The Help hasn't been helpful on this either...
Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: It turns out that they do appear (I couldn't find them at firs
... See more
Hi everyone,

does anyone know how to include Excel comments when importing an Excel file into Across (v6.3)?
I sense it has something to do with "Dokumenteneinstellungsvorlagen" (don't know what they call those in English - document setting templates?), but I just can't figure out what to do. The Help hasn't been helpful on this either...
Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: It turns out that they do appear (I couldn't find them at first...). But what about the other way round? How to ignore them?

[Bearbeitet am 2017-03-21 11:14 GMT]
Collapse

AAV
AAV
Local time: 17:44
Ignore them manually on document preparation step Mar 22, 2017

You can only hide them based on content (e.g. setup an expression to hide everything, what starts with "Note: ...").
However, you can configure additional workflow step, where on first step Project Manager hides everything not intended for translation manually.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import Excel comments in Across (v6.3)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »