memoQ crashes during startup
Thread poster: Prozinator
Prozinator
Prozinator
Local time: 20:58
English
Feb 25, 2017

I have installed a free trial version of memoQ Adriatic, and am trying to launch it.

According to the Installation and Activation guide, the next thing to do is to launch memoQ (to get the message that I need to activate it, so that I can then follow the steps of the Activation Wizard).

However, when I launch memoQ:
-I get a splash screen (I see the words "loading preferences...")
-then the splash screen closes and another window starts to open up,
... See more
I have installed a free trial version of memoQ Adriatic, and am trying to launch it.

According to the Installation and Activation guide, the next thing to do is to launch memoQ (to get the message that I need to activate it, so that I can then follow the steps of the Activation Wizard).

However, when I launch memoQ:
-I get a splash screen (I see the words "loading preferences...")
-then the splash screen closes and another window starts to open up,
-but before anything is displayed it immediately crashes without any error message.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling memoQ, as well as temporarily turning off my internet security software.

I will be very thankful if anyone could shed any light on what is happening or what I could do about this.
Collapse

Enote
Enote  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:58
English to Russian
Event Log Feb 26, 2017

Do you check Windows Event Log? It can be helpful. Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ crashes during startup

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »