Exported MemoQ document to do some work on it in Excel. Now would like to re-import. How?
Thread poster: FreelanceBass
FreelanceBass
FreelanceBass
United States
Local time: 13:19
Japanese to English
Jun 22, 2017

I would like to re-import the spreadsheet so that it recognizes it as a reworked version of the original document. In other words, I still want the original source language on the left, rather than the translations created from the export.
Additionally, I would like to re-import it this time so it reads cells from top to bottom instead of from left to right, if this is still possible at this late stage.

Does anyone know how I can go about this?

Anthony Veretyuk
Anthony Veretyuk
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:19
English to Russian
+ ...
doc versions Jun 23, 2017

Hi there.
I guess the required option should be Rihgt mouse on the required document in the project -> Import Reviewed Document. There you will be able to browse and open the EDITED (reviewed in other words) document and this operation will replace all changed segments. All that remains is to reconfirm segments with changed status and Voila! You're done in seconds.

FreelanceBass
FreelanceBass
United States
Local time: 13:19
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the advice! Jun 26, 2017

This helped, I appreciate it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exported MemoQ document to do some work on it in Excel. Now would like to re-import. How?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »