Is it possible to add a TM with a different language variant to a project
Thread poster: Eileen Cartoon
Eileen Cartoon
Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:41
Italian to English
May 19, 2017

When I add a TM to a project, I see in the window a section for adding the TM. Is there any way to add, for example, a TM with US English to a project with British English, even if just for look-up purposes?

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that this was possible but I have been unable to find how.

Thanks for any help
Eileen

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:41
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
AnyTM May 20, 2017

Yes, you can do this adding your TM as AnyTM.

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:41
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Get AnyTM from SDL's Open Exchange May 21, 2017

Nora Diaz wrote:

Yes, you can do this adding your TM as AnyTM.

Nora is correct, though perhaps a bit too brief. AnyTM is one of the free add-ins you can get from SDL Open Exchange. It will allow you to do precisely what you need.

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:41
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Studio version May 21, 2017

I use this feature so much, I'd forgotten it was once an app! : ) As Ricardo has mentioned, if you have Studio 2014 you will need to download the app called "SDL Trados Studio AnyTM Translation Provider".

The feature has been built into the program since Studio 2015, so if you have Studio 2015 or 2017, there's nothing to download or install, you simply need to choose AnyTM from the list of translation providers (where you add your TMs).

2017-05-21_084107

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to add a TM with a different language variant to a project

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »