Cannot install the TM-Town desktop application
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 21, 2017

I cannot install the TM-Town desktop application. My problems with it are detailed in this apparently misplaced post: http://www.proz.com/topic/311516

Any tips for me?

..... (X)
..... (X)
Local time: 06:10
Try 2.1.0 Feb 21, 2017

Hi Artem,

Could you try downloading and installing the latest version (2.1.0) which was released just a few days ago: https://www.tm-town.com/desktop-application. I think it should solve the issue you were experiencing.

Artem Vakhitov
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No avail Feb 23, 2017

Kevin Dias wrote:

Hi Artem,

Could you try downloading and installing the latest version (2.1.0) which was released just a few days ago: https://www.tm-town.com/desktop-application. I think it should solve the issue you were experiencing.

Hi Kevin,

I attempted to install v2.1.0, but the results were the same. I tried launching the installer by double-clicking (also directly as administrator) and from the console. This is Windows 7 x64 on Lenovo T430.

BTW, you may want to allow console debug output from the program for cases like this.

..... (X)
..... (X)
Local time: 06:10
Screenshot Feb 23, 2017

Hi Artem,

Could you post a screenshot of where the installation process is stalling for you?

Also, I updated the Shoes download to a newer version. Could you try installing that first.

Best regards,
Kevin

Artem Vakhitov
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Works now Feb 24, 2017

Kevin Dias wrote:

Hi Artem,

Could you post a screenshot of where the installation process is stalling for you?

Also, I updated the Shoes download to a newer version. Could you try installing that first.

Best regards,
Kevin

I installed the new Shoes, and it works now. The installation used to stall at the "Shoes setup" stage. According to the text-based install instructions, it isn't necessary to install Shoes on Windows 7, so I didn't do that. Also they don't mention the fact that to launch the application, you have to double-click the install file itself, which can be (and is) confusing. Consider making this clearer (no, just showing it in the video is not enough).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot install the TM-Town desktop application

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »