Talented Arabic language expert, with over 16 years (1998 - present) of experience in translation and other linguistic services, of which I spent 7 years in managing the "Linguistics & Translation Department" at the Parliament of Egypt.
Specialties: Translation, Localization, Editing, Proofreading, Writing, Post Production services, SEO, SMM, Training Solutions Design,eLearning, mLearning.
Updated resume available at:
Holding Canadian and Egyptian nationalities, I only translate between my 2 native languages and cultures, Arabic and English, and in the areas of my studies and practical experience:
1- Medical & Pharmaceuticals:
- Experienced medical translator based on my pharmacy degree and active membership in the Alberta College of Pharmacists.
Achievements: Translation of over 21 health books, 345 medical articles and researches, 69 medical and pharmaceutical website, and the list is still growing.
- Worked as a remote regulatory affairs specialist (2006 - 2008) with www.canreg.ca, one of the largest regulatory consulting groups in North America. After 2 months of training, I was responsible for registering pharmaceuticals, health care products and devices in Canada and US. Job description included translation from Arabic into English for all documents related to products from the Middle East seeking registration in North America.
Holder of a Professional Diploma in Legal Translation (PDLT) from the American University in Cairo (2003- 2005). Achievements include translation of hundreds of:
- Contracts, agreements, deals and tenders
- Patents, copyrights and trademarks
- Criminal: statements, legal correspondence, transcripts of police interviews and interrogations
- Court: rulings, appeals, news coverage etc.
3- Governmental and NGO:
Former director of Linguistics and Translation Department at the Egyptian Parliament (2005 -2011). Achievements include the translation of:
- The official website of the Egyptian People's Assembly (http://www.parliament.gov.eg/)
- 41 ministerial decrees and 23 prime mistrial cabinet decrees.
- 102 laws and amendments including Egyptian Child Law, Egyptian Human Trafficking Law .. etc
- Almost all Governmental CFP (Call For Proposals) for that period
- Documents from a number of ministries.
- Articles, journals and books on international relations, geopolitics, Politics, history and others.
4- Green Energy:
Achievements: translating the entire Jatropha Plantation Project in Egypt (marketing materials, journal articles, technical documentations and academic publications for the Egyptian government.)
5- Military and Defense:
Achievements: translating for a high profile military manufacturing corporate through their affiliates in the Middle East. Authorized samples are available upon request.
Achievements: translating the entire Motorbike Service and Repair Training Course for Harley-Davidson into Arabic for their UAE branch. Created my own TermBase and glossaries for such expertise. (References available)
7- Financial and business:
Achievements: translation (on monthly basis) of hundreds of audits, market reviews, ratings (Standard and Poors, Fitch, Moody's), banking reports, loan agreements, EBRD documentation, WB/IMF reports, financial analysis, B-2-B correspondence, insurance, investment banking, tender documentation, risk management, macro-economic reports and analysis.
I have translated the entire MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) chemistry and physics open courses material from English into Arabic for www.shamsunalarabia.org/
Shamsuna Alarabia, headed by HH Sheikh Sultan Bin Khalifa Al Nahyan, is the official affiliate of MIT in the Arab world, and the only authorized institute to provide MIT open courses in Arabic. I have translated over 100 course, over 1 million word, and I am still working on this great project.
9- Subtitling and other Postproduction:
- www.onehandthemovie.com , I transcribed, translated , subtitled and carried on other post-production services for this documentary. You could find my name (Doaa Alnajjar) on the credit area at the Homepage.
- Please review my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJSbgCIVvebe2Ii_C-1XNQ for other voice-over, subtitling, transcription, or dubbing projects' samples. References are available upon request.
Achievements: translating and localizing the social and strategy games of www.plarium.com . Contract included translation of scripts, ingame menus and manuals and, most importantly, cultural convince advice for suitability for the Arab market.
11- IT and technology:
Translation, localization, or localization testing. References available upon request.
Client's Feedback Services 1- Translation:
• Expertise: as discussed above and more (Please contact).
• Doc format: books, magazines, audios and videos, brochures, courses, websites etc.
• Tools: SDL studio 2011, Microsoft Office Pro, DNS & other specialized tools.
Websites, software and game localization into 20 different Arabic dialects and Neutral Standard Arabic.
3- Editing, proofreading and revising:
And also extensive re-writing and culture adaptability checking.
Terminology and glossary development, En- Ar and Ar-En. Separately or accompanying other services for an extra rate.
5- Disktop Publishing (DTP):
Reversing layout to RTL, pagination, typesetting translation in art files etc.
Tools: PowerPoint, Adobe CS6 ME (Middle East), PageMaker, Captivate & Articulate.
6- Writing in English and Arabic:
SEO, Press Release, blogs, articles, Copy-writing & web content in the areas of my expertise only.
• Accurate transcriptions (99% fault-free)
• Fast turnaround times (4-5 hours/day, 24/7)
• Confidentiality and privacy ensured
• Quality assurance
• All number of speakers (single,one-to-one, groups)
• All fields: Academic, Legal, Corporate, Interviews, Documentary, Broadcast, B-Roll Meetings, Seminars, Conference Calls, Dialogue List etc. (except Medical)
• All formats: all Audio and Video digital formats, dictation, emails, notes .....etc
• All voices quality, even with noise over 10%
• State-of-the-art digital technology
8- Post Production Solutions:
• Dubbing, Lip Sync, Voice over, Subtitling, Caption (Closed, Superimposing & Chyrons), Encoding, As-Broadcast Scripts, Dialogue Lists & more.
• My own high quality home studio (For Specs, please contact).
• Accurate and high quality services to businesses, institutions and individuals.
• All Audio and Video digital formats.
9- Arab & Muslim Culture Sensitivity Trainer:
• Provide training for:
- Arab & Muslim cultural sensitivity
- Cross cultural awareness
- Cross-cultural business skills development
- Improving collaboration between teams in a cross-cultural environment
- Preparing expatriate for relocation or to enter a new workplace with cultural diversity
• Provide vital, comprehensive information on 22 Arab countries
• Evaluate the effectiveness of training, counseling and education endeavors
For more information about my rates for each of the above services, please check here