Anna Fitak
Anna Fitak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:21
Member (2012)
English to Polish
+ ...
Mar 20, 2016

Hello! I've just came across a Tagged XML validity check error in Across which I cannot resolve. There are no formatting or tag-related errors that could cause this validity issue (I double checked since I know it happens) but I ran out of ideas.

The message I get when I use Check Now option is: Reference to undeclared message 'bdquo'. Line XXX, position XXX.
These positions lead to nothing. I cannot finish my taks. Anyone experienced similar problem?

AAV
AAV
Local time: 00:21
Ask PM, if the initial document is valid Mar 21, 2016

Hi Anna,
it's almost impossible to help you without seeing the document.
Tagged XML validity check is run for the whole document against the DTD, with which document was added to Across. So theoretically it could be, that initial (source) document is invalid, and translation just copies the same problem.
So I would suggest to send translation back without finishing it (PM will be able to finish task on the server directly), and discuss problem with your PM on Across Server side
... See more
Hi Anna,
Tagged XML validity check is run for the whole document against the DTD, with which document was added to Across. So theoretically it could be, that initial (source) document is invalid, and translation just copies the same problem.
So I would suggest to send translation back without finishing it (PM will be able to finish task on the server directly), and discuss problem with your PM on Across Server side, so they check if the initial document is OK.

Regards,
Almara
Collapse

dingrui357
dingrui357  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 01:21
German to Chinese
You'd better check it out in trados studio Mar 21, 2016

Did you import the ini file when creating project? ini is very import for xml files. So if not, please import it. If yes, I think you cannot check it out again. A way out is you export the tmx, and create a project in trados studio 2015. In trados you don't need ini file, and at most time you can export target file safely.

Anna Fitak
Anna Fitak  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2012)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Simple solution Mar 21, 2016

Thank you for all your help. Unfortunately, what I get from my client is absolutely nothing. No ini files, not even information about required settings. In this case, it turned out that a likely reason was invalid quotation mark. I did what Almara advised and sent unfinished task. They somehow dealt with it. Thanks once again,
Anna

dingrui357
dingrui357  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 01:21
German to Chinese
You can make ini file yourself Mar 22, 2016

As I know, you can also make ini file yourself with tados tageditor.

Enrique Chi
Enrique Chi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:21
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
+ ...
How do you send back a file without finishing it? Jan 26, 2017

AAV wrote:

Hi Anna,
So I would suggest to send translation back without finishing it (PM will be able to finish task on the server directly), and discuss problem with your PM on Across Server side, so they check if the initial document is OK.

Regards,
Almara

I'm having a Tag validation error that I can't get around. The usual process is, after setting all paragraphs to "Translated", you "Finish" it and then Across lets you upload the finished file to the server. But I cannot finish the file because of the Tag validation error, so I can't upload it. You mention sending it back without finishing it. Can you explain this procedure? Thank you in advance.

Edit: clarified a statement

[Edited at 2017-01-26 16:34 GMT]

Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
English to German
Working "Offline" with Across: Always deliver. Every day. Jan 29, 2017

Start the Deliver Task Wizard e.g. by clicking the icon in the Across toolbar or via the menu item ">>File >>Deliver Tasks"
You then are eventually asked how and which task you want to deliver. You naturally can select tasks that are not finished yet.

For all freelancers and all translators using the Offline Client: When managing projects I would urge all Offline people to deliver and deliver again, no matter if they are finished or not, on a daily basis. Why? I as pro
... See more
Start the Deliver Task Wizard e.g. by clicking the icon in the Across toolbar or via the menu item ">>File >>Deliver Tasks"
You then are eventually asked how and which task you want to deliver. You naturally can select tasks that are not finished yet.

For all freelancers and all translators using the Offline Client: When managing projects I would urge all Offline people to deliver and deliver again, no matter if they are finished or not, on a daily basis. Why? I as project manager then can see the progress semi-online AND the delivery can be considered a "Backup" even when the delivery was premature. So one does not encounter any situation like "I was almost finished and then the Across burnt down my hard-drive. SIX MONTHS of WORK IS GONE". A cool project manager can then reply "Your computer got repossessed by your little sister and you think that all data is gone? No sweat, since you delivered yesterday, I can reassign the task and everything is OK."

So: Deliver, and deliver again. Every day. And if a crazy XML tries to shoot down the "finishing" in the Offline client? Deliver anyway and give your project manager a call.
Collapse

Konstantin Minko
Konstantin Minko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Nov 7, 2017

The problem is that Across can deliver unfinished tasks but it does not indicate so.

[Edited at 2017-11-07 17:48 GMT]

English to German
Indication Nov 14, 2017

Well, you can print doc files even though Word does not indicate that you can do so. Things can co down the drain, when people think that they can manage things without having a look at the documentation even when they said they did.

Drikka
Drikka
English to Portuguese
Sending tasks without finishing Feb 17, 2019

Hello.
I have the same tag problem on Across but can't send the task unfinshed.
I'm afraid I'm doing something wrong.
How do you send the tasks unfinished?
Thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Across - tagged XML validity check error

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »