Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Can't use crappy Across because of error in crossMarket authentication
Thread poster: Rafael Mantovani
Gareth Cole
Gareth Cole
United Kingdom
Safnil Safnil's fix worked - with one addition Jan 16, 2018

Safnil Safnil - thank you so much for your reply. I installed a full version of AVG anti-virus yesterday and had exactly the same problem.

Your fix worked - with one addition: there was another exclusion to add to the list of exemptions in the anti-virus software.

As well as

C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin\
C:\ProgramData\CodeMeter\CmAct\

I also needed to add the corresponding CodeMeter\Runtime\bin folder under C:\Program Fil
... See more
Safnil Safnil - thank you so much for your reply. I installed a full version of AVG anti-virus yesterday and had exactly the same problem.

Your fix worked - with one addition: there was another exclusion to add to the list of exemptions in the anti-virus software.

As well as

C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin\
C:\ProgramData\CodeMeter\CmAct\

I also needed to add the corresponding CodeMeter\Runtime\bin folder under C:\Program Files\.

Thanks for your invaluable help
Collapse

Charlie Delta
Charlie Delta
Norway
"Across Translation Edition activation failed due to local activation environment errors" solved Sep 6, 2018

I had the same problem today.
I downloaded and installed the newest Across version
and the problem was gone.

Vorchuchelo

Olga and Igor Lukyanov
Olga and Igor Lukyanov  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:32
English to Russian
+ ...
Change your crossMarket credentials Sep 15, 2020

I completely changed my crossMarket data - I deleted the account and created a new one using a new email address and a new password. Worked for me.

Alberto

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:32
English to German
+ ...
Can't use crappy Across because of error in crossMarket authentication Sep 17, 2020

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

but Across is S... (fill in the dots yourself), but also cheap, compared with real CAT-tools, hence maybe the decisicion of many agencies for this system (especially in Germany. Why is still an enigma to me). I for one charge 0.03 to 0.04 cents extra (depending the topiic) when working with this unworkable tool. Costs me too much time, and time = money. It is the only CAT that is not compatible with other translation tools. Makes you wondering why.

[Edited at 2016-10-28 23:19 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-10-28 23:20 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-10-28 23:21 GMT]

I once (many years ago when Across was still a free tool) talked to a salesperson at Across Germany, she told me that they where not seeking compatibility with other CAT tools. So this is corporate policy.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't use crappy Across because of error in crossMarket authentication

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »