Australia
Local time: 00:35
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
May 28, 2017

All,

I have been using the PEBackupRestoreTool regularly with Across 6.0.
After recently upgrading to 6.3 the tool appears to have disappeared from the folder it used to be (C:\Program Files (x86)\across\crossGoodies).
Does anyone know what happened to this tool and how I should back up my PE databases?

Thank you.

Peter

AAV
AAV
Local time: 20:35
Check Toolbox folder, tool is called "TEBackupRestoreTool" May 29, 2017

All former crossGoodies stuff is in "Toolbox" folder now, and tool name is "TEBackupRestoreTool".

Liselotte K. de Hennig
Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 10:35
Spanish to German
+ ...
TEBackupRestoreTool - C:\Program Files (x86)\Across\Toolbox May 29, 2017

Hi Peter,
the TEBackupRestoreTool is located under C:\Program Files (x86)\Across\Toolbox for Across 6.3.

I don't know if something changed, but in the manual (ftp://ftp.across.net/documentation/admin_manual_te_v63_de.pdf) on page 17 you can find the corresponding explanation.

HTH
Liselotte Hennig

Nathan Vaillette
Nathan Vaillette  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:35
Member (2012)
German to English
But does it work? Jul 1, 2018

Has anyone successfully restored a backup using this tool? I make the backup files routinely, but I have zero confidence in anything related Across, so it would be nice to get verification that it has actually worked for someone.

(Across is currently refusing to start for me, and I am considering reinstalling, but I am loath to gamble the several thousand words of translation I've already done on the competence of Across developers, as anyone who has ever used Across will understan
... See more
Has anyone successfully restored a backup using this tool? I make the backup files routinely, but I have zero confidence in anything related Across, so it would be nice to get verification that it has actually worked for someone.

(Across is currently refusing to start for me, and I am considering reinstalling, but I am loath to gamble the several thousand words of translation I've already done on the competence of Across developers, as anyone who has ever used Across will understand.)
Collapse

Sarah Elipot
Sarah Elipot
Germany
Local time: 14:35
German to French
+ ...
Restore Tool works fine Jul 4, 2018

Hi Nathan,
I use the restore tool every once in a while, also with the 6.3 version. I never had any problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PEBackupRestoreTool for Across 6.3

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »