Thread poster: Anna Grynfeld Smith
Anna Grynfeld Smith
Anna Grynfeld Smith
Switzerland
Local time: 23:16
English to Swedish
May 4, 2018

Hello,

A client would like me to install Across. According to the specifications it shouldn't work, because it requires Win 32-bit and I my PC is set up with Win 10 64-bit. However, the client insists that it's possible to install it anyway, but that some features might be restricted.

I tried to install it, but the installation won't work. Is the client right? Do I need to take a closer look at my computer setup and change/fix something, or shouldn't I bother because th
... See more
Hello,

A client would like me to install Across. According to the specifications it shouldn't work, because it requires Win 32-bit and I my PC is set up with Win 10 64-bit. However, the client insists that it's possible to install it anyway, but that some features might be restricted.

I tried to install it, but the installation won't work. Is the client right? Do I need to take a closer look at my computer setup and change/fix something, or shouldn't I bother because the client is wrong?

Many thanks in advance,
Anna

[Redigerad 2018-05-04 06:39 GMT]
Collapse

brume
brume
France
English to French
+ ...
Most probably compatible May 4, 2018

Hello

I don't know this specific piece of software, but from a general point of view, a programme designed to run on a 32-bit platform will always run on a 64-bit computer. But a 64-bit programme will not run on a 32-bit platform.

So my guess is that, if installation failed, it is probably that your system is missing some
... See more
Hello

I don't know this specific piece of software, but from a general point of view, a programme designed to run on a 32-bit platform will always run on a 64-bit computer. But a 64-bit programme will not run on a 32-bit platform.

So my guess is that, if installation failed, it is probably that your system is missing some of the requirements listed here:
ftp://ftp.across.net/documentation/system_requirements_v63_en.pdf
and not because you are running a 64-bit operating system. Only a few old computers still run 32-bit systems today.

Good luck!
Bruno
Collapse

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
It's possible May 4, 2018

Anna Smith wrote:

However, the client insists that it's possible to install it anyway, but that some features might be restricted.

Hello Anna,

as you can see with the picture below, Across Translator Edition 6.3 (French) runs without problem (and without restriction) on a Windows 10 - 64 bits machine as mine.

The only problem I met once was with the CodeMeter software version.

Don't forget to open a CrossMarket account.

Across

Anna Grynfeld Smith
Anna Grynfeld Smith
Switzerland
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
Microsoft Visual C++ May 4, 2018

Hi Adrien and Bruno,
Thanks for your replies. It's good to hear that it should be possible. It seems like the problem is due to Microsoft Visual C++ 2012. It needs to be reinstalled, but my computer is having problems with it. I'm hoping to find the solution soon...
Best regards,
Anna

[Redigerad 2018-05-04 14:28 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comp. with Win 10 64-bit?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »