Loredana Arama  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 02:03
Member (2009)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Nov 1, 2018

Hello.

I received a CWU file from a client and imported in Across Translator v6.3. The task contains independent 35 files. I gave to send back a CRU file. The client said that after translation "please make sure you set each task status to “finished”". If I try to finish each individual file the option is to save it as CRU file and it is a laborious task. My question is if I can finish all the files in the same time or without saving them one by one as CRUs and how I add all 35
... See more
Hello.

I received a CWU file from a client and imported in Across Translator v6.3. The task contains independent 35 files. I gave to send back a CRU file. The client said that after translation "please make sure you set each task status to “finished”". If I try to finish each individual file the option is to save it as CRU file and it is a laborious task. My question is if I can finish all the files in the same time or without saving them one by one as CRUs and how I add all 35 files to one single CRU.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Collapse

Faruk Atabeyli
Faruk Atabeyli  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 03:03
English to Turkish
+ ...
First set the status of all segments Nov 2, 2018

Hello Loredana,

When you are done working on each file go to tools > set all paragraphs to > translated (or corrected if it is a proofreading file)

when the status is changed a box will pop up and ask you either to "finish and deliver" or "continue working" with the file. Select "continue working"

After you have repeated the above steps for all 35 files then you can click the "deliver files" button on your dashboard. Select create CRU and all 35 files will
... See more
Hello Loredana,

When you are done working on each file go to tools > set all paragraphs to > translated (or corrected if it is a proofreading file)

when the status is changed a box will pop up and ask you either to "finish and deliver" or "continue working" with the file. Select "continue working"

After you have repeated the above steps for all 35 files then you can click the "deliver files" button on your dashboard. Select create CRU and all 35 files will be displayed. If the progress is of each file 100% completed you can select them. If they are not, it means you either skipped marking a all segments of a file or you have not fixed/ignored mandatory checks. You need to go back to those files, change the status of all segments or fix/ignore the error and try again.

If the client put mandatory QA checks you need to fix or ignore them before you can proceed. Alternatively you can "force the delivery" by clicking next regardless of whether the files are 100% completed.

Good luck

[Edited at 2018-11-02 10:31 GMT]
Collapse

Vesna Nikolovska

Loredana Arama
Loredana Arama  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 02:03
Member (2009)
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Did it! Nov 3, 2018

Hi Faruk.

Thank you for your answer. I did what you said before posting this question. Because my client insisted on finishing each task, I chose Finish and upload when each file was ready. So I ended up with 35 CRUs. I didn't know that if I select all the files to create a single CRU they will be automatically finished. I tried this for a smaller job with just 4 files and I got my answer. Now that I have your confirmation everything is clear. Thank you again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help creating CRU file

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »