Kazakhstan
Local time: 08:14
Member (2009)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
May 7, 2019

Hello,

last time I installed Across, if I got it right, there was a system message according to which this was my last installation and now I have no rights to reinstall Across. Is that really so? Can you check it? I was going to install an additional copy of across at my notebook but don't want to disable Across at my desktop PC.

George Luca
George Luca  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:14
German to Romanian
+ ...
You are right May 7, 2019

As far as I can remember, the number of activations is limited to seven and you are not allowed to use Across on two different machines at the same time (this is the case for the basic Translator Edition of Across).
The re-activation is not a problem, because you can ask, at any time, the Across support (very nice people) to reset your activation counter.
If you need to download a newer version of Across, please take into consideration that the new version of Across (v7.0) availa
... See more
As far as I can remember, the number of activations is limited to seven and you are not allowed to use Across on two different machines at the same time (this is the case for the basic Translator Edition of Across).
The re-activation is not a problem, because you can ask, at any time, the Across support (very nice people) to reset your activation counter.
If you need to download a newer version of Across, please take into consideration that the new version of Across (v7.0) available for download, runs only under Windows 8.1 or 10 and it will replace any other older version installed on your computer.
Sometime it is good idea to have an older version of Across. For example, I still have Across v5.7 installed on an old laptop as it allows me to export the target document.
The only way to run Across (basic Translator Edition)on two different machines is to register on crossMarket under a different user name and e-mail I and to download and install Across v7.0.
The morality of this last approach is not subject to my replay.
I suppose that it is also possible to install Across in a VirtualBox.
Collapse

Rustam Shafikov

Rustam Shafikov
Rustam Shafikov  Identity Verified
Kazakhstan
Local time: 08:14
Member (2009)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks! May 8, 2019

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation, much appreciated!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Limited number of installations?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »