Jessica Glanz
Jessica Glanz  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:28
Member (2018)
German to English
+ ...
Nov 22, 2019

Hi all! I am using Across 7.0 and need to review (with edits enabled) a document that has been split up into about 12 different tasks. I have been told there are approximately 50% repetitions. I need the know the following:

1) Can I join these tasks into one large task and work on them all together?
2) Can I set Across to confirm every instance of a repeated paragraph when I confirm the first instance?
3) Can I set Across to cascade any changes I make to a paragraph t
... See more
Hi all! I am using Across 7.0 and need to review (with edits enabled) a document that has been split up into about 12 different tasks. I have been told there are approximately 50% repetitions. I need the know the following:

1) Can I join these tasks into one large task and work on them all together?
2) Can I set Across to confirm every instance of a repeated paragraph when I confirm the first instance?
3) Can I set Across to cascade any changes I make to a paragraph that reoccurs in the (merged) document to all instances of that paragraph?
4) For some reason, Alt+A isn’t working for me to set a paragraph as Revised – can anyone think of a reason why?

These are all really straightforward in memoQ and (to a lesser extent, but still) in SDL. However, I’m finding Across very unintuitive and I would very much appreciate some help with this! Thank you in advance!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reviewing multiple tasks and cascading changes

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »