Issues with Validate Expert (Catalyst 10.0 Lite)
Thread poster: Anna Massera
Anna Massera
Anna Massera  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:37
Member (2011)
German to Italian
+ ...
Nov 22, 2013

Dear colleagues,
as per subject I can't run Validate Expert in Catalyst (I can see it's greyed out in the Tools menu).
A few days ago it worked and now it seems that this function can't be run. I'm puzzled, I even uninstalled and reinstalled the software (along with the service pack available on the Alchemy website) but even so I couldn't fix this issue.
Do you have any suggestions?
Many thanks,
Anna

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
Local time: 13:37
English
Depending on the Navigator Pane Nov 25, 2013

Hi Anna,

The Validate expert is always greyed out for Translator Lite unless you click on a resource in the Navigator Pane.

If you click on the Project Folder the Validate Expert will be greyed out, only if you click on the resource that contains the strings will the Validate expert become available.

What file types do you have in you TTK?

Thanks and regards,
Jette

Anna Massera
Anna Massera  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:37
Member (2011)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 25, 2013

Dear Jette,
many thanks for your reply, now I am able to run Validate Expert.
Is there a way to select multiple resources at one time and thus carry out one single check? My files are made up of several resources containing strings to translate and so far I have only been able to performe a check for every single resource.
As for your question I'm not sure if I'm replying correctly (I am a newbie in the use of Alchemy Catalyst) but the files contined in my TTK are .dll files... See more
Dear Jette,
many thanks for your reply, now I am able to run Validate Expert.
Is there a way to select multiple resources at one time and thus carry out one single check? My files are made up of several resources containing strings to translate and so far I have only been able to performe a check for every single resource.
As for your question I'm not sure if I'm replying correctly (I am a newbie in the use of Alchemy Catalyst) but the files contined in my TTK are .dll files

Thank you again for your much appreciated help.
Kind regards,
Anna

[Modificato alle 2013-11-25 20:50 GMT]
Collapse

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
Local time: 13:37
English
Great to hear! Nov 26, 2013

Great to hear you got this sorted now.

Unfortunately. this is a limitation of the free Translator Lite license, you can only validate one resource at a time.

You need at least the Translator Pro version to validate the whole TTK at once.

Thanks,
Jette

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Issues with Validate Expert (Catalyst 10.0 Lite)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »