Thread poster: Teresa Moreno
Teresa Moreno
Teresa Moreno  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 6, 2014

I am trying to open a ttk with Catalyst Translator (Windows XP), and I get the "Error -4: Could not open the file" message.

It seems to be the only file I cannot open. I have open previously translated ttks and a current one, and it works seamlessly. They are all placed in the same folder.

I am clueless on what might be causing the problem. I have searched for a reason, but could not find any.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thank you!

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
Local time: 09:20
English
Result Pane Jan 7, 2014

Hi Teresa,

Do you have any more error messages in the Result Pane on the right hand side of Catalyst when you try to open the TTK?

Thanks and regards,
Jette

Teresa Moreno
Teresa Moreno  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Results pane message Jan 7, 2014

Dear Jette,

Thank you for the hint. A clear message appears in the Results pane:

"This TTK contains Microsoft .NET Framework 4 assemblies and cannot be opened. Please ensure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 installed."

I have installed .NET 4.0 and open the file without any trouble.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Catalyst 10.0 SP2 opening file error message

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »