Catalyst crash loses work done
Thread poster: Thomas Rebotier
Thomas Rebotier
Thomas Rebotier  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:03
English to French
Jun 20, 2014

Every, I mean, EVERY other tool I worked with updates the TM in real-time, in an external file.

My alchemy catalyst lite crashed -- this happens. "Program not reponding", close, reopen. Standard fact of life on Windoze.

But upon reopen my file set back a few hundred words AND IT IS NOT IN THE TM ??????????

Autosave not present, etc...

Am I personnaly cursed or have others experienced this extremely unwelcome behavior?

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
Local time: 17:03
English
Export translations Jun 20, 2014

Hi Thomas,

I am sorry to hear that you experience difficulties with Catalyst.

If you have enabled the AutoSave feature under Tools > Options, a version of your current TTK will be saved under:

c:\Users\Public\Alchemy Software\Catalyst 10.0\AutoSave\

In the above directory you will find files with the extension .atk, rename the extension to .ttk and open the TTK.
Please note that you need to manually export your translation hits into you
... See more
Hi Thomas,

I am sorry to hear that you experience difficulties with Catalyst.

If you have enabled the AutoSave feature under Tools > Options, a version of your current TTK will be saved under:

c:\Users\Public\Alchemy Software\Catalyst 10.0\AutoSave\

In the above directory you will find files with the extension .atk, rename the extension to .ttk and open the TTK.
Please note that you need to manually export your translation hits into your TM, this can be done through File > Export.

If you have Recycle Translation enabled, Catalyst will show you translation hits from your current TTK, this will also include all recent translation made as translation memory hits.

Thanks and regards,
Jette
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Catalyst crash loses work done

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »