How can I automatically update my TM when translating?
Thread poster: Ben Senior
Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:38
German to English
Oct 20, 2014

I know how to update my TMs by using the Clean Up Expert, but how can I automatically update the TM during translation? I often get files in which segments are repeated and after translating the first occurrence I want Catalyst to use the segment as a suggested translation 100% match when I encounter subsequent identical segments.

[Edited at 2014-10-20 14:33 GMT]

Victor Westmann (X)
Victor Westmann (X)
Brazil
Local time: 22:38
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Versions Oct 22, 2014

Hi Tyke,

what version of SDL Trados are you using? And what is the 3rd party software version you're using as well?

Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:38
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Versions? Oct 22, 2014

Hi Victor,

My question related to Alchemy Catalyst not SDL. I'm using Alchemy Catalyst 10 (the latest version at the moment) and from what I've just received from Alchemy Support, automatic update of the TMs is not a feature supported in this version. However, there is an option to recycle translations which will show previously translated segments as if they were in the TM and allow their reuse. When the job is finished you then need to use the Clean Up Expert to update the TMs. I
... See more
Hi Victor,

My question related to Alchemy Catalyst not SDL. I'm using Alchemy Catalyst 10 (the latest version at the moment) and from what I've just received from Alchemy Support, automatic update of the TMs is not a feature supported in this version. However, there is an option to recycle translations which will show previously translated segments as if they were in the TM and allow their reuse. When the job is finished you then need to use the Clean Up Expert to update the TMs. I posted my original question in the Alchemy support forum, but forgot to explicitly say that it related to a Catalyst problem.

I do use SDL Studio 2014 and Passolo 2011 SP6, but they will not affect Catalyst. In addition I use Microsoft Office and various CAD programs too, along with Microsoft Visual Studio.

Thanks for your interest Victor.
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How can I automatically update my TM when translating?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »