macOS Catalina is out: 32-bit apps are no longer supported
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Oct 8, 2019

macOS Catalina is out and if you're still using 32-bit apps, e.g. dictionaries or other legacy software, you have to be aware that these are no longer supported.

With the free util Go64 from https://www.stclairsoft.com/Go64/ you can easily check which programs on your Mac will be abandoned.

Here is a list of all apps on my iMac. I already have MS Office 365 installed, which is
... See more
macOS Catalina is out and if you're still using 32-bit apps, e.g. dictionaries or other legacy software, you have to be aware that these are no longer supported.

With the free util Go64 from https://www.stclairsoft.com/Go64/ you can easily check which programs on your Mac will be abandoned.

Here is a list of all apps on my iMac. I already have MS Office 365 installed, which is 64-bit, but some valuable (and quite expensive) programs will need replacement. So I won't upgrade to Catalina right now.

The listed Parallels is an older version that I won't upgrade, since I've migrated to VMWare Fusion.

Screenshot 2019-10-08 at 08.45.59

I haven't been able to test CafeTran Espresso 10 Croissant on Catalina, but since the embedded Java is 64-bit (and it's not listed by Go64), I don't expect any compatibility problems here.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

macOS Catalina is out: 32-bit apps are no longer supported

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »