Germany
Local time: 12:08
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Jan 17, 2019

Hi everyone

I would like advice from anyone working as a freelance translator in Kosovo

May I ask you what is the procedure to register as an independent worker in this country ?

Thank you so much for your tips

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
ask for an official expert opinion Jan 18, 2019

Hello Caroline.

You didn't mention the citizenship, residence or what exactly made you worry, yet as far as you've been working as a freelancer since about 2007, you should be able to retain your location-independent freelance translator status.

Cheers

Caroline Martino
Caroline Martino  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you anyway Jan 18, 2019

DZiW wrote:

Hello Caroline.

You didn't mention the citizenship, residence or what exactly made you worry, yet as far as you've been working as a freelancer since about 2007, you should be able to retain your location-independent freelance translator status.

Cheers

it is not as easy as it seems

I am asking people working in Kosovo, obviously it is not your case

Enrique Bjarne Strand Ferrer
Enrique Bjarne Strand Ferrer
Spain
Member (2017)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
I have no idea Jan 19, 2019

but seaching in google I found this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/kosovo/comments/5xzw3w/moving_into_kosovo_to_start_a_business/

Caroline Martino

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Ask Kosovan ProZians (there are about 67 of them) Jan 19, 2019

Caroline Martino wrote:
I would like advice from anyone working as a freelance translator in Kosovo.

You may get better results if you contact Kosovan translators directly via ProZ.com's messaging system. ProZ.com's rules do allow you to contact individual translators for translation-related conversations.

ProZ.com does not recognise Kosovo as a country. However, you can edit the directory search URL to specify the middle of Kosovo and a 35 mile radius, so it is possible to find translators who claim to be from Kosovo, here (2 paying members, 65 non-paying members).

[Edited at 2019-01-19 10:21 GMT]

Caroline Martino

Caroline Martino
Germany
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Jan 19, 2019

Caroline Martino
Germany
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Jan 19, 2019

Samuel Murray wrote:

Caroline Martino wrote:
I would like advice from anyone working as a freelance translator in Kosovo.

You may get better results if you contact Kosovan translators directly via ProZ.com's messaging system. ProZ.com's rules do allow you to contact individual translators for translation-related conversations.

ProZ.com does not recognise Kosovo as a country. However, you can edit the directory search URL to specify the middle of Kosovo and a 35 mile radius, so it is possible to find translators who claim to be from Kosovo, here (2 paying members, 65 non-paying members).

[Edited at 2019-01-19 10:21 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

seeking advice for becoming a freelancer in Kosovo

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »