Sandra Suca
Sandra Suca  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 10:00
English to German
+ ...
Jul 15, 2018

Dear colleagues,

I am a fairly new user of Trados 2017 and apologise in advance for my ignorance. After I completed a translation for an agency, they sent me back the proofread version and asked me to accept or reject tracked changes and return the updated TM in tmx format.
I have accepted the changes and confirmed all segments. I then tried to update the TM both by clicking "update main translation memory" and "update project translation memory". However, when I try to export
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I am a fairly new user of Trados 2017 and apologise in advance for my ignorance. After I completed a translation for an agency, they sent me back the proofread version and asked me to accept or reject tracked changes and return the updated TM in tmx format.
I have accepted the changes and confirmed all segments. I then tried to update the TM both by clicking "update main translation memory" and "update project translation memory". However, when I try to export the TM I get the one before proofreading-with all mistakes, without the accepted changes. Can you give me a hint on how to update the TM correctly?

Thank you in advance.
Collapse

Anthony Teixeira
Anthony Teixeira
Japan
Local time: 18:00
Member (2011)
English to French
+ ...
Re: Jul 15, 2018

Maybe try to change the options like this so old segments get overwritten:

options

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updating Trados TM after reviewed proofreading

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »