Thread poster: Justine Vernera
Justine Vernera
Justine Vernera
Latvia
Latvian to English
+ ...
May 2, 2020

Dear Translators' community,

Has anyone else stumbled upon this problem? I started using 2 screens for my work and freaked out a bit when my XLIFF Editor file kept freezing. I blamed connectivity issues on this, but it turned out that it does it when trying to simultaneously use two monitors. It got back to normal as soon as I switched one of them off.

Is there a solution to this and is the problem on the software side at all?

UPD: Solved: The app f
... See more
Dear Translators' community,

Has anyone else stumbled upon this problem? I started using 2 screens for my work and freaked out a bit when my XLIFF Editor file kept freezing. I blamed connectivity issues on this, but it turned out that it does it when trying to simultaneously use two monitors. It got back to normal as soon as I switched one of them off.

Is there a solution to this and is the problem on the software side at all?

UPD: Solved: The app freezes if the window is not ENTIRELY placed in one of the screens.

[Edited at 2020-05-03 09:21 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XLIFF Translation Workspace Editor lagging when using two monitors

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »