pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:48
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
最怕背口诀 May 21, 2007

要做到心中有劍,手中無劍,無招勝有招,先決條件就是背口诀。求學時期,老師一說要背書就怕,逃學也不背。以我這類人,漢語拼音老是不準,因受廣東話的干擾,字形輸入應是一種選擇,不過,如可以用廣東話或英文輸入,中文輸出,這更妙,因此,喜歡用雙橋是有原因的。

[Edited at 2007-05-21 18:36]

Xiangdong Zhuo
Xiangdong Zhuo
China
Local time: 23:48
English to Chinese
同感 May 23, 2007

pkchan wrote:

要做到心中有劍,手中無劍,無招勝有招,先決條件就是背口诀。求學時期,老師一說要背書就怕,逃學也不背。以我這類人,漢語拼音老是不準,因受廣東話的干擾,字形輸入應是一種選擇,不過,如可以用廣東話或英文輸入,中文輸出,這更妙,因此,喜歡用雙橋是有原因的。

对需要死记硬背的东西,我也是敬而远之。

我初学五笔的时候,所幸的是读到了一本介绍五笔学习心得的非常好的书,理解一些原理和技巧,免去了背口诀的烦恼。相信有些同仁也读过钟道隆教授的逆向法系列,我感觉是受益匪浅,他的这些方法对于像我这样想学新把戏的老狗来说尤其见效。

[修改时间: 2007-05-23 15:06]

[修改时间: 2007-05-23 15:07]

Wilman
Wilman  Identity Verified
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Looking for step by step instructions for Wubi Mar 8, 2008

After almost an entire year of procrastination, I finally downloaded 極点五筆today. However, I am totally lost after the download. I read the 極点五筆website but it did not tell me how to start, what I need, so on and so forth. I read the posts and saw Kevin mentioned something about a Wubi keyboard. I tried the link but it does not work anymore. Does it mean that I need to download a keyboard in order to use Wubi? If so, could someone please give me a link? Also, I would appreciate if s... See more
After almost an entire year of procrastination, I finally downloaded 極点五筆today. However, I am totally lost after the download. I read the 極点五筆website but it did not tell me how to start, what I need, so on and so forth. I read the posts and saw Kevin mentioned something about a Wubi keyboard. I tried the link but it does not work anymore. Does it mean that I need to download a keyboard in order to use Wubi? If so, could someone please give me a link? Also, I would appreciate if someone can give me a quick Wubi for Dummies or Wubi 101 course such as how to start the Wubi after I downloaded the program and where to find the keyboard things like that, or if there is a link to the information, that would be super. I found articles and the previous post by Donglai on how to learn and use the program. I just don't know where to start. Thank you for your help in advance!

[Edited at 2008-03-08 15:13]

[Edited at 2008-03-08 16:37]

我刚看到一篇文章教人怎么样去下载中文键盘, 我在上面问的问题已经解决, 谢谢各位。这里是这篇文章的链接,供像我一样不知道怎么样开始的人作为参考。我现在要努力学习五笔, 因为这是用拼音打出来的。 谢谢各位在上面的提点。

http://newton.uor.edu/Departments&Programs/AsianStudiesDept/Language/asianlanguageinstallation_XP.html

[Edited at 2008-03-08 22:49]
Collapse

Wilman
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Looking for step by step instructions for Wubi (same as previous post, please ignore this one) Mar 8, 2008

After almost an entire year of procrastination, I finally downloaded 極点五筆today. However, I am totally lost after the download. I read the 極点五筆website but it did not tell me how to start, what I need, so on and so forth. I read the posts and saw Kevin mentioned something about a Wubi keyboard. I tried the link but it does not work anymore. Does it mean that I need to download a keyboard in order to use Wubi? If so, could someone please give me a link? Also, I would appreciate if s... See more
After almost an entire year of procrastination, I finally downloaded 極点五筆today. However, I am totally lost after the download. I read the 極点五筆website but it did not tell me how to start, what I need, so on and so forth. I read the posts and saw Kevin mentioned something about a Wubi keyboard. I tried the link but it does not work anymore. Does it mean that I need to download a keyboard in order to use Wubi? If so, could someone please give me a link? Also, I would appreciate if someone can give me a Wubi for Dummies or Wubi 101 course, or if there is a link to the information, that would be super. Thank you in advance for all your help!

[Edited at 2008-03-08 15:13]
Collapse

Wilman
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
如何在Word把简体字转成繁体字 Mar 9, 2008

我现在用的极点五笔打出来的是简体字,如果我想要打繁体字的话,是不是要另外下载软件? 我可不可以用Word打了简体字以后,再转成繁体字?我的Word是XP version, 但是好像没有‘translate from Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese' 这个功能,请各位指点一下。谢谢!

Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Office XP 简繁转换加载项 Mar 9, 2008

Wilman wrote:

我现在用的极点五笔打出来的是简体字,如果我想要打繁体字的话,是不是要另外下载软件? 我可不可以用Word打了简体字以后,再转成繁体字?我的Word是XP version, 但是好像没有‘translate from Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese' 这个功能,请各位指点一下。谢谢!

可以试试这个工具
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=165CAF4B-E5EC-4CA8-AD60-859A696FCCB2&displaylang=zh-cn

Jason Ma
Jason Ma  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
我用的office 2007自带简繁转换 Mar 9, 2008

我用的office 2007自带简繁转换。点击“审阅”就会发现“繁转简”| “简转繁” 。
你就把xp换成2007吧, 软件越新功能越全。用插件有时候兼容得不好。

Wilman wrote:

[Edited at 2008-03-09 04:22]

Wilman
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Windows Vista Mar 9, 2008

Thanks Jason for bringing this up. I just bought a Windows Vista laptop but I haven't used it enough to find out this feature yet. I appreciate your assistance. My desktop runs on Windows XP so I want to keep it and just add a feature onto it.

Jason Ma wrote:

我用的office 2007自带简繁转换。点击“审阅”就会发现“繁转简”| “简转繁” 。
你就把xp换成2007吧, 软件越新功能越全。用插件有时候兼容得不好。

Wilman wrote:

[Edited at 2008-03-09 04:22]

Wilman
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
It doesn't work Mar 10, 2008

Hello Han Li,

Thank you for giving me the link. I downloaded the software and followed the instructions on Word to try to convert from Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese but it did not work. According to the instruction, I need to activate the Traditional and Simplified Chinese language setting in Word. I can read and write both in Word so I assume I had done that. It then said that if I click on 'Tools' 'Language' 'Translate', then I should see the buttons for either 'Conve
... See more
Hello Han Li,

Thank you for giving me the link. I downloaded the software and followed the instructions on Word to try to convert from Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese but it did not work. According to the instruction, I need to activate the Traditional and Simplified Chinese language setting in Word. I can read and write both in Word so I assume I had done that. It then said that if I click on 'Tools' 'Language' 'Translate', then I should see the buttons for either 'Convert from Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese' and vice versa. That I did not see. I'm not sure why. Do you have any suggestion? Thank you in advance!

Han Li wrote:

Wilman wrote:

可以试试这个工具
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=165CAF4B-E5EC-4CA8-AD60-859A696FCCB2&displaylang=zh-cn
Collapse

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
你用的是英文版 Mar 10, 2008

我用简体中文版office 2000和2003,Word里本身就有简繁转换功能。至于Han Li的那个小插件,装上后可以在excel, powerpoint里直接进行简繁转换,但对Word是没有影响的。可以问问其他用英文版Office的同事。

Wilman wrote:

Hello Han Li,

Thank you for giving me the link. I downloaded the software and followed the instructions on Word to try to convert from Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese but it did not work. According to the instruction, I need to activate the Traditional and Simplified Chinese language setting in Word. I can read and write both in Word so I assume I had done that. It then said that if I click on 'Tools' 'Language' 'Translate', then I should see the buttons for either 'Convert from Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese' and vice versa. That I did not see. I'm not sure why. Do you have any suggestion? Thank you in advance!

Han Li wrote:

Wilman wrote:

可以试试这个工具

Han Li
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
试试下面两种方法 Mar 10, 2008

Wilman wrote:

Hello Han Li,

第一个方法:尝试再增加word插件,下载简、繁语言包,下载链接:
简体中文语言包
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=deb6731a-ca36-47a3-b4a0-2a1d19eefa05&DisplayLang=zh-cn
繁体中文
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C2E0C5A2-66FE-4854-BE35-7A5E539A0980&displaylang=zh-cn
安装之后如果还没有 'Convert from Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese' 的话,可以试试下述步骤:
1、在工具栏的空白处右键,选择自定义;
2、在命令对话框中,选择“命令”标签;
3、类别中选择工具,然后将命令框的垂直滚动条滚动到最后,就是这个中文繁简转换命令;
4、选择这个命令,按下鼠标左键不放,将其拖动到工具栏中你自己认为合适的地方,释放左键;
5、关闭命令对话框,就可以使用这个命令按钮了。

如果还是没有,可能就如Zhoudan所说,这个工具在word中不能使用。我也不确定上面的两个语言包是否适合你的操作系统,因为下载说明里面没提到可以用于xp。

如果不行的话可以尝试下面的第二种方法:
安装第三方软件,刚在网上找到了一个免费软件:
乐乐中文简繁通
http://www.shensoft.googlepages.com/soft4
分别有简体、繁体、英文和特别版四个版本,你可以根据需要下载。
另外这个软件开发者提到他的英文水平不行,如果你用了英文版,看到他那个地方英文表达不合适,可以顺便告诉他,我想他会很高兴的。

Wilman
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Yes, mine is the English version Word Mar 10, 2008

Thank you Han Li and Zhoudan. Yes, mine is an English version Word. I know I have the two language packs, and I tried the first method Han Li mentioned. However, I did not have the choice for the conversion under my tool functions. I think that it must be as Zhoudan said, English version XP does not support this function. I may try your second method but I am leery of getting virus from downloads. The other day, I went to the Wubi site that Donglai mentioned in his first post to try to download ... See more
Thank you Han Li and Zhoudan. Yes, mine is an English version Word. I know I have the two language packs, and I tried the first method Han Li mentioned. However, I did not have the choice for the conversion under my tool functions. I think that it must be as Zhoudan said, English version XP does not support this function. I may try your second method but I am leery of getting virus from downloads. The other day, I went to the Wubi site that Donglai mentioned in his first post to try to download the Wubi software and my anti-virus caught a Trojan horse from the download. The link has been two years old so there might have been some changes. I'm sure Donglai would not recommend it to anyone if he thought that it was unsafe. I guess it was just my luck. Thank you very much for assisting me with this, guys.

Han Li wrote:

Wilman wrote:

Hello Han Li,

第一个方法:尝试再增加word插件,下载简、繁语言包,下载链接:
简体中文语言包
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=deb6731a-ca36-47a3-b4a0-2a1d19eefa05&DisplayLang=zh-cn
繁体中文
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C2E0C5A2-66FE-4854-BE35-7A5E539A0980&displaylang=zh-cn
安装之后如果还没有 'Convert from Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese' 的话,可以试试下述步骤:
1、在工具栏的空白处右键,选择自定义;
2、在命令对话框中,选择“命令”标签;
3、类别中选择工具,然后将命令框的垂直滚动条滚动到最后,就是这个中文繁简转换命令;
4、选择这个命令,按下鼠标左键不放,将其拖动到工具栏中你自己认为合适的地方,释放左键;
5、关闭命令对话框,就可以使用这个命令按钮了。

如果还是没有,可能就如Zhoudan所说,这个工具在word中不能使用。我也不确定上面的两个语言包是否适合你的操作系统,因为下载说明里面没提到可以用于xp。

如果不行的话可以尝试下面的第二种方法:
安装第三方软件,刚在网上找到了一个免费软件:
乐乐中文简繁通
http://www.shensoft.googlepages.com/soft4
分别有简体、繁体、英文和特别版四个版本,你可以根据需要下载。
另外这个软件开发者提到他的英文水平不行,如果你用了英文版,看到他那个地方英文表达不合适,可以顺便告诉他,我想他会很高兴的。
Collapse

Han Li
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
I didn't find any virus Mar 10, 2008

My antivirus software is Kaspersky 7.0. I have uploaded the two versions to my previous webpages at http://translaaation.googlepages.com/zwjft2.3.rar
http://translaaation.googlepages.com/zwjft08-s-01.rar
You can try to download it again.
Enjoy!

[Edite
... See more
My antivirus software is Kaspersky 7.0. I have uploaded the two versions to my previous webpages at http://translaaation.googlepages.com/zwjft2.3.rar
Enjoy!

[Edited at 2008-03-10 13:32]
Collapse

Wilman
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
AVG Mar 10, 2008

I use AVG and once I opened the exe file I downloaded from the site, my anti-virus detected the Trojan horse and put it in the virus vault. I downloaded the jidian wubi already so I don't think I need the one for Simplified Chinese anymore. I only need Traditional Chinese now. Thanks for checking that out for me.

Han Li wrote:

Enjoy!

[Edited at 2008-03-10 13:32]

Donglai Lou (X)
Donglai Lou (X)  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Possible solutions Mar 10, 2008

Hi! Wilman,

I am sorry for not being able to make a prompt response to your question. I am being tortured by my commitment to a certification exam and have some time management problem.

Let's come back to your question:

First of all, the English version of Office 2007/2003 does provide the CHS - CHT conversion function, which however is not installed by default.

1. if you have
... See more
Hi! Wilman,

I am sorry for not being able to make a prompt response to your question. I am being tortured by my commitment to a certification exam and have some time management problem.

Let's come back to your question:

First of all, the English version of Office 2007/2003 does provide the CHS - CHT conversion function, which however is not installed by default.

1. if you have the installation CD, you can go to "install/remove programes (安装或添加程序,the English UI may be different)" under the Control Panel.
2. look for the "Microsoft Office 2007" entry, and then click the "change/modify (更改)".
3. Check the "add or remove functions (安装或添加功能)" option on the popup screen and click next.
4. tick the "选择应该程序的高级自定义 (or something similar)" checkbox and click Next.
5. now the "advanced customizations (高级自定义)" dialog box will appear and you need to do some search work. Try to find an item called "Chinese language support" or "Asian language support or something similar" under the Microsoft Word or Office tools section or somewhere else.
6. select to run it from the local machine and click Update. (or simply click the top item "Microsoft Office" and select to run all programs on the local machine. )
7. after the installation, you can see the option of Chinese conversion on the Toolbar and in the "Tools" menu.

the above instructions are based on the CHS version of Microsoft Office 2003 and my experience with the ENG version a while ago. hopefully, it will work:-).

if you still need a tool to type traditional Chinese, you can download it here:
http://www.word4u.com/nqwbz.exe . please read the known bugs part in the Help and follow the instruction in Question 2 to solve an annoying problem before use it.

should you need any more info, please let me know.

Good luck.

Donglai

[Edited at 2008-03-10 23:31]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

五笔及其它中文输入法研讨

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »