Thread poster: Donglai Lou (X)
Wilman
Wilman  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:36
Chinese to English
+ ...
Thank you Mar 11, 2008

Thank you, Donglai for the help. I will follow you clear instructions and do it again.

Donglai Lou wrote:

Hi! Wilman,

I am sorry for not being able to make a prompt response to your question. I am being tortured by my commitment to a certification exam and have some time management problem.

Let's come back to your question:

First of all, the English version of Office 2007/2003 does provide the CHS - CHT conversion function, which however is not installed by default.

1. if you have the installation CD, you can go to "install/remove programes (安装或添加程序,the English UI may be different)" under the Control Panel.
2. look for the "Microsoft Office 2007" entry, and then click the "change/modify (更改)".
3. Check the "add or remove functions (安装或添加功能)" option on the popup screen and click next.
4. tick the "选择应该程序的高级自定义 (or something similar)" checkbox and click Next.
5. now the "advanced customizations (高级自定义)" dialog box will appear and you need to do some search work. Try to find an item called "Chinese language support" or "Asian language support or something similar" under the Microsoft Word or Office tools section or somewhere else.
6. select to run it from the local machine and click Update. (or simply click the top item "Microsoft Office" and select to run all programs on the local machine. )
7. after the installation, you can see the option of Chinese conversion on the Toolbar and in the "Tools" menu.

the above instructions are based on the CHS version of Microsoft Office 2003 and my experience with the ENG version a while ago. hopefully, it will work:-).

if you still need a tool to type traditional Chinese, you can download it here:
http://www.word4u.com/nqwbz.exe . please read the known bugs part in the Help and follow the instruction in Question 2 to solve an annoying problem before use it.

should you need any more info, please let me know.

Good luck.

Donglai

[Edited at 2008-03-10 23:31]

Lian Pang
Lian Pang  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:36
Member (2018)
English to Chinese
+ ...
最近尝试了双拼 Jan 8, 2019

最近不知道怎么的,心血来潮尝试了双拼。

记忆键位倒是没难度,两个小时基本就知道哪个键在哪里。现在用了大概一个月双拼,速度依旧在60左右(全拼速度100+),别说跟上思维速度,就是思维速度的一半也达不到啊,而且经常会影响翻译思维过程,还出错,1分钟有30秒都在修改。

想要回到全拼的怀抱了。现在暂时开了双拼+全拼...

lbone
lbone  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 17:36
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
还是全拼好 Jan 17, 2019

我很早就用五笔了,用了有十来年,后来发现速度比不上某些用拼音的快手。
后来(大约十年前)改用拼音,用到现在很满意,改用拼音的原因大致有三:
(1)五笔有个别字很难拼:虽然用五笔敲大部分字都比较快,但总有个别字不大会拼,需要花很多时间去找答案,而用拼音不大会出现这种情况,虽然也有不常见字不大会拼的,但一般也就那么两三种可能 ,不难�
... See more
我很早就用五笔了,用了有十来年,后来发现速度比不上某些用拼音的快手。
后来(大约十年前)改用拼音,用到现在很满意,改用拼音的原因大致有三:
(1)五笔有个别字很难拼:虽然用五笔敲大部分字都比较快,但总有个别字不大会拼,需要花很多时间去找答案,而用拼音不大会出现这种情况,虽然也有不常见字不大会拼的,但一般也就那么两三种可能 ,不难猜。实在猜不出的,但只要找到字,再找到拼音应该不难(可以去“百度百科”查)。至于五笔的优势击键数,反而不是大问题,手熟了后,会形成肌肉记忆,会比较快。
(2)五笔输入法的兼容性差些:有些字在五笔的字库里没有,而且五笔的输入法在一般的系统里都没有,需要单独安装。现在的拼音已经发展到智能全拼的阶段了,会记忆你的用字偏好,非常好用,有时可以连着输好些字后再回车。
(3)读准拼音很重要:这一点对我决定采用拼音输入法是决定性的。作为一名从事中英互译的中国语言工作者,我觉得把每个常见汉字读准是自己应该拥有的技能,所以我要强迫自己每个字都要用全拼准确地敲出来。虽然不做口译,碰到不熟悉的英语单字我也经常会用金山词霸或百度或谷歌翻译去查查发音,让自己能把它准确地读出来。当然,只是经常。

[Edited at 2019-01-17 13:05 GMT]
Collapse

Xiaodong Du
Xiaodong Du
Local time: 17:36
English to Chinese
+ ...
我是有QQ五笔(五笔和拼音混输) Mar 7, 2019

我这几年一直用QQ五笔,五笔和拼音可以混输。
用五笔有时候遇到个别字打不出来(是自己的事儿,并不是五笔输入法的事儿),就可以直接用拼音,不用额外的切换键。
五笔字根最早的时候是有一个口诀,王旁青头兼五一,土士二干十寸雨……
口诀朗朗上口,很容易背下来,
字根背下来,接下来就是用一个五笔打字练习器,插在键盘上,练习器有个小屏幕,
最开始先练习字根,屏幕上从左到右滚动出现字根,手指就在键盘上敲下对应的字根,
最初需要眼看键盘,还不能盲打,
等练习一段时间后,就能盲打字根,
字根熟练了之后,你会发现,当初的口决已经抛开了,不用想手指就能敲对。
于是开始练打完整的字,
还是用这个五笔练习器。
当时在学校,每天就练这个,不出一个月,每分钟打60多字已不成问题。

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

五笔及其它中文输入法研讨

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »