esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:02
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Sorry for them… Apr 29, 2014

…but (potentially) good news for us! Hopefully, some enthusiasts will continue the development.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:02
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
What a shame. Apr 29, 2014

Yeah, just got the email. What a shame. Not only did I just buy their new TMX editor (which I am very happy with), but they were also really nice people. The developers actually added several of my feature suggestions, only days after asking for them.

I hope someone makes good use of their newly open sourced software, in particular Heartsome Translation Studio 8.0 and the new Heartsome TMX Editor 8.0, which will soon b
... See more
Yeah, just got the email. What a shame. Not only did I just buy their new TMX editor (which I am very happy with), but they were also really nice people. The developers actually added several of my feature suggestions, only days after asking for them.

I hope someone makes good use of their newly open sourced software, in particular Heartsome Translation Studio 8.0 and the new Heartsome TMX Editor 8.0, which will soon be appearing here: https://github.com/heartsome

Michael

[Edited at 2014-04-29 11:26 GMT]
Collapse

Denis Danchenko
Denis Danchenko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 07:02
English to Russian
+ ...
Got a notice from them too May 4, 2014

Really sorry for them as their TMX Editor (purchased two weeks ago) has already helped me optimize multilingual TM resources on a time-sensitive project.

Alexandre De Sena Viegas
Alexandre De Sena Viegas  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:02
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Legacy... May 6, 2014

I found the TMX Editor a little bit too late, but I was fortunately able to download the free version on time, which also allows to import from XLS and so on.

Are you sure the download will be uploaded at github until the end of this month?
Their homepage is offline... : /

[Bearbeitet am 2014-05-06 20:16 GMT]

Bruno Veilleux
Bruno Veilleux  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:02
English to French
Word May 29, 2014

I only heard about them for the first time today, and they seemed to have a good platform built on solid principles. The fact that it was available on all OSes was extremely interesting, but I can't download any of the Linux clients, so I'm eager to see it appear on GitHub. I'm not much of a programmer, but I've been looking for excuses to pick something up, so maybe I'll try tweaking it in the long run.

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:02
You can download them now May 30, 2014

Hello Michael B. et al.,

It looks like they have put them online now. You can download the TMX editor and the CAT suite from Github now.

Perhaps you can tell this to Melville too? I'm not sure whether he is reading this forum ...

Thanks for forwarding this message,

Hans

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
@Hans (aka 2nl aka Mysterious Mr Pilcrow): May 30, 2014

Melville already downloaded and tested the open source versions of the TMX editor and the Suite. The Suite looks kind of interesting, but can’t touch CafeTran, even by a long shot.

He tried both the 32 and 64-bit versions (for Windows) and they all work. The TMX editor looks exactly the same as Melville’s previously licensed version, except the Licence Management component has been removed (from Help > Licence Management).

Now all we need is for some clever p
... See more
Melville already downloaded and tested the open source versions of the TMX editor and the Suite. The Suite looks kind of interesting, but can’t touch CafeTran, even by a long shot.

He tried both the 32 and 64-bit versions (for Windows) and they all work. The TMX editor looks exactly the same as Melville’s previously licensed version, except the Licence Management component has been removed (from Help > Licence Management).

Now all we need is for some clever programmer to take over Heartsome TMX Editor 8.0, keep it open source, and improve and maintain it…

Michael
Collapse

Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
CafeTran vs. Heartsome May 30, 2014

Michael, do I unserstand correctly that you recommend CafeTran over Heartsome?

Artem

Michael Beijer wrote:

Now all we need is for some clever programmer to take over Heartsome TMX Editor 8.0, keep it open source, and improve and maintain it…

Michael

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
@Artem: May 30, 2014

Yes, I think CafeTran is the best CAT tool available on the market at the moment, bar none. I still own a licence to memoQ 2013, and have tried pretty much every CAT tool known to man, but CT’s handling of terminology, modular UI and extensive intelligent editing features are just amazing.

Have look at the pace of development of CT: http://cafetranhelp.com/changelog

I
... See more
Yes, I think CafeTran is the best CAT tool available on the market at the moment, bar none. I still own a licence to memoQ 2013, and have tried pretty much every CAT tool known to man, but CT’s handling of terminology, modular UI and extensive intelligent editing features are just amazing.

Have look at the pace of development of CT: http://cafetranhelp.com/changelog

I like Heartsome’s TMX editor though, and hope someone picks it up. I was in almost constant contact with the Heartsome guys and they were really turning it into the best TMX editor out there, so I hope someone manages to pick up where they left off. Furthermore, there are already tons of CAT tools out there, but no real decent TMX editors.

Michael
Collapse

asmaaahmed
asmaaahmed
Egypt
Download Source Codes of Heartsome tools Jun 10, 2014

Dear All,

Could anyone please help me to get the source codes to be able to edit or add any function as i need them in my master. as i missed the deadline day 31 May.

Thanks in Advance!

[Edited at 2014-06-10 14:16 GMT]

SURENDRA BABU G
SURENDRA BABU G
India
Local time: 10:32
English to Telugu
+ ...
I could not download Heartsome studio Jun 10, 2014

I could not download open source Heartsome studio form there website. There seems to be some problem. Someone please help.

Jason Lin
Jason Lin
China
Member (1970)
I can't download the source code Jun 10, 2014

Michael Beijer wrote:

Michael

It looks the source code is not available now, could you send one copy to me?
my email: [email protected]. I would like to have a try.
Really appreciated!

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Who is ‘Heartsome Korea’? Jun 10, 2014

Does anyone here know how this website relates to the Heartsome we are talking about here?

-> http://www.heartsome.co.kr/2013/hs_TMX_Editor.html
-> <
... See more
Does anyone here know how this website relates to the Heartsome we are talking about here?

Michael

[Edited at 2014-06-10 23:46 GMT]
Collapse

Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I cannot download anything there either Jun 11, 2014

Download fails for me, too. Probably a Dropbox quota problem, but maybe the files are just not ready yet. Well, at least the binaries, which is what I'm interested in.

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Heartsome Ceases Operation, Goes Open Source

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »