Thread poster: Londonlingui (X)
Camelia Colnic
Camelia Colnic  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:08
Romanian to English
+ ...
You have 5 years to pass everything May 31, 2013

If you take the exam this year for the first time, all units, and fail some of them, you have 5 years to re-take only the ones you failed.

I know the answer comes late, but I thought that I would explain it for those who didn't understand this 5 year thing.

Luke Mersh
Luke Mersh  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
DPSI Jun 23, 2013

Hi I am about to do the last part of my exam on Tuesday- the written part.
good luck to everybody else

Luke Mersh
Luke Mersh  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
dpsi Jun 23, 2013

Londonlinguist wrote:

Is there anybody else out there? I would be especially interested in those who have done the DPSI in my language pair (Spanish/English) although my question applies to all those who have studied for and subsequently taken the DPSI examination.
I do practise by listening to speeches in Spanish on the tv and interpreting what I have heard, and that is going well.
Any other tips or comments are welcome.
Have a good Sunday!

I am doing (Spanish/English) too,but I am doing Healthcare

Joao Andre Madeira
Joao Andre Madeira  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Reference books Jul 31, 2019

If you are preparing for the course without attending the course, I would recommend getting these books. They are written in the same format as Unit 1 of the exam, so you will have plenty of material ... See more
If you are preparing for the course without attending the course, I would recommend getting these books. They are written in the same format as Unit 1 of the exam, so you will have plenty of material to practise.

Health:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Health-Role-Plays-Resource-Library/dp/109799371X/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=dpsi&qid=1564571991&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Law:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scottish-Law-Role-Plays-Resource/dp/1542683009/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=dpsi&qid=1564571991&s=gateway&sr=8-1

You can also read them for free if you have a Kindle Unlimited account.

Good luck!
Collapse

Rasha Tabeib
Rasha Tabeib
United Kingdom
DPSI preparation Aug 6, 2019

hi,

I am thinking to do the DPSI exam on November or maybe June next year. I know there is five different pathways to choose from, but my question is if I choose one of them ( I'm thinking of local government) is that means I will only work in this pathway? I mean I can't understand what privilege I will have if I choose local government (for instance) than all the other pathways...

also if anyone can help me with any websites link or any study material to help me prep
... See more
hi,

I am thinking to do the DPSI exam on November or maybe June next year. I know there is five different pathways to choose from, but my question is if I choose one of them ( I'm thinking of local government) is that means I will only work in this pathway? I mean I can't understand what privilege I will have if I choose local government (for instance) than all the other pathways...

also if anyone can help me with any websites link or any study material to help me prepare and practice for the exam, that would be appreciated.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DPSI - How many of you got it without attending a course

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »