J Brandt Badger
J Brandt Badger
United States
Local time: 03:21
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 18, 2010

Hi there,

Has anyone had success running MemoQ in linux using WINE? If so, which versions did you use? I haven't been able to make it past the errors caused by installing Microsoft .NET Framework, and .NET is required for MemoQ. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:21
French to Polish
+ ...
VirtualBox? Feb 19, 2010

J Brandt Badger wrote:

Has anyone had success running MemoQ in linux using WINE? If so, which versions did you use? I haven't been able to make it past the errors caused by installing Microsoft .NET Framework, and .NET is required for MemoQ. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you can't install .Net on Wine, try another virtualization software, e.g. Virtual Box.

Cheers
GG

J Brandt Badger
J Brandt Badger
United States
Local time: 03:21
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
VirtualBox questions Feb 19, 2010

Grzegorz,

Thank you for the tip. I was hoping to make WINE work because I am very inexperienced with setting up virtual machines. I'm running Linux alongside a copy of Windows XP. If I want to run Windows in VirtualBox, do I need to obtain an additional copy or can I use the one I already have?

Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Hungary
Local time: 09:21
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
not possible without WB Feb 21, 2010

Hello,

One week ago I asked Kilgray if there is any possibility to operate memoQ under Linux without virtual machine. The answer was negative, since memoQ is connected to Windows in several points; besides .Net, memoQ needs for example Word to display the texts.

If you have Linux or Mac, Virtual machine is the only possible way to to use memoQ.

Regarding to your second question, you definitely need an extra (unused) license to install XP under virtual mach
... See more
Hello,

One week ago I asked Kilgray if there is any possibility to operate memoQ under Linux without virtual machine. The answer was negative, since memoQ is connected to Windows in several points; besides .Net, memoQ needs for example Word to display the texts.

If you have Linux or Mac, Virtual machine is the only possible way to to use memoQ.

Regarding to your second question, you definitely need an extra (unused) license to install XP under virtual machine.

Good luck!

Gyula

[Módosítva: 2010-02-21 17:02 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems running MemoQ in WINE

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »