Thread poster: Yolande Haneder (X)
Yolande Haneder (X)
Yolande Haneder (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:23
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cross over since to have already most of it to get it running Jul 15, 2007

It seems that it is only running in demo mode, this means that there is a problem with the licensing tool (and the copy protection).

I can install trados - and can repeat it anytime. If codeweaver needs it, I can send them my 3 pages description of the installation. Just adding the missing dlls to improve IE6 (without IE6, there is not .NET 2 runtime), I am totally crashing wine because of a conflict between shell and shell32 (then winecfg is not even starting anymore) so I will kee
... See more
It seems that it is only running in demo mode, this means that there is a problem with the licensing tool (and the copy protection).

I can install trados - and can repeat it anytime. If codeweaver needs it, I can send them my 3 pages description of the installation. Just adding the missing dlls to improve IE6 (without IE6, there is not .NET 2 runtime), I am totally crashing wine because of a conflict between shell and shell32 (then winecfg is not even starting anymore) so I will keep IE as half installed.
Collapse

Saulius S.
Saulius S.
Local time: 02:23
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Please publish your description of installation Jul 15, 2007

Yolande Haneder wrote:

I can install trados - and can repeat it anytime. If codeweaver needs it, I can send them my 3 pages description of the installation. Just adding the missing dlls to improve IE6 (without IE6, there is not .NET 2 runtime), I am totally crashing wine because of a conflict between shell and shell32 (then winecfg is not even starting anymore) so I will keep IE as half installed.

I think it would be useful if you post your description to the forum in SDL Trados section at codeweavers.com . The developers probably won't analyse it until the .NET Framework is implemented in Crossover, but someone may find a solution earlier.

Yolande Haneder (X)
Yolande Haneder (X)  Identity Verified
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I will do Jul 15, 2007

I have to clean my notes first, I may do it in the course of the week (Monday is usually very busy on my side).
If it can help some issues - I am glad to, because alone I won't go far.

Where do I enter it?

[Edited at 2007-07-15 18:08]

Saulius S.
Saulius S.
Local time: 02:23
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
The link Jul 15, 2007

Where do I enter it?

Here is the link: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2189;forum=1

Thank you!

Nicolas Severyns
Nicolas Severyns  Identity Verified
Belgium
Member (2009)
Russian to Dutch
+ ...
wordfast for linux Jan 6, 2009

Wordfast 6 for linux is available for download.
Is Trados really much better than Wordfast?
I work on Ubuntu and prefer running apps natively.
I haven't worked in Trados yet, only in OmegaT.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Developer - Help me to run Trados on Linux

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »