In Memsource Web Editor, how do I download the bilingual files for reference?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 13:53
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 6, 2018

I am working on a big project on almost half a million words, and deliver this in five batches where each batch concists of around 15 files. I am about to deliver the first batch now, but after I have changed status to Completed by linguist I will not be able to open these files in Memsource Web Editor again for reference.

So I wonder how I can download these files in bilingual format (Excel for example)? So I can view them offline at any time.

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Germany
Local time: 13:53
English to German
In memoriam
Bilingual export Jan 6, 2018

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

I am working on a big project on almost half a million words, and deliver this in five batches where each batch concists of around 15 files. I am about to deliver the first batch now, but after I have changed status to Completed by linguist I will not be able to open these files in Memsource Web Editor again for reference.

So I wonder how I can download these files in bilingual format (Excel for example)? So I can view them offline at any time.

In the editor area, in the menu you can use "Document" - "Export to bilingual Docx". This gives you a word document with a table of source text, target text, and comments. It should be easy to transfer this into Excel if you prefer that. The scope of the document is what you opened in the editor, so if you opened merged files there the bilingual document also contains all segments of all files.

I often use this export as a separate QA step since you can use Word's spell and grammar checker this way.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

In Memsource Web Editor, how do I download the bilingual files for reference?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »