How to use multilingual MS excel file settings?
Thread poster: Wenjing Huang
Wenjing Huang
Wenjing Huang
China
Local time: 15:57
Apr 14, 2021

To anyone who see this post,

I am a translation and interpreting student, and I am doing a portfolio assignment about Memsource. I have a few questions about Multilingual MS Excel settings. Hope you can help me!

1. Is that when the excel file contains multiple source languages and I need to translate into multiple target languages, I use the Multilingual MS Excel settings?

2. When I tick "Use HTML subfilter", what will happen?

3. When enter cor
... See more
To anyone who see this post,

I am a translation and interpreting student, and I am doing a portfolio assignment about Memsource. I have a few questions about Multilingual MS Excel settings. Hope you can help me!

1. Is that when the excel file contains multiple source languages and I need to translate into multiple target languages, I use the Multilingual MS Excel settings?

2. When I tick "Use HTML subfilter", what will happen?

3. When enter corresponding column letters under Segment multilingual XLS, what should happen in the edit page?

I have tried many times, but I never success. My teacher didn't tell us anything about this, I even don't know what should be contained in the excel file that to be translated.

I sincerly hope you can help me out!!

Thank you very much!!
Collapse

AdamKyr
AdamKyr
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:57
Greek to English
multilingual Dec 2, 2021

I know this was posted a long time ago but:

1) HTML subfilter is used when you need to hide HTML code from the source text in order to make translation easier
2) You can use it when you have a file with e.g. source text in column A and you want to translate it into column C
3) You should also make sure to choose the file type at the end of the settings page (multilingual excel)

If it s a csv file, you should choose the appropriate csv settings.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to use multilingual MS excel file settings?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »