Can I use machine translate for whole ducument once?
Thread poster: Wayne Lee
Wayne Lee
Wayne Lee
Canada
Jun 8, 2020

Hi,

I setup google translate key, so I can get machine translate paragraph by paragraph. But I want to get machine translate by whole document once. Can it be done?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:37
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Wayne Jun 8, 2020

Wayne Lee wrote:
I setup the Google Translate key, so I can get machine translate paragraph by paragraph. But I want to get machine translate by whole document once. Can it be done?

I know of no way to do that, no.

But if you have Windows, you can use an AutoIt script to translate an entire text file, outside of OmegaT.

Aline Amorim
Wayne Lee

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:37
English to Czech
Direct at Google Translate Jun 9, 2020

Samuel Murray wrote:

... outside of OmegaT.

Outside OmegaT, direct at Google Translate

from Canada:

https://translate.google.ca/?hl=cs&tab=rT#view=home&op=translate&sl=en&tl=fr

(from Czechia: google.cz)

Document

Upload a file .doc, .docx, .odf, .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .ps, .rtf, .txt, .xls or .xlsx

The European SMEs can use eTranslation for EU languages only, but for bigger files. Output files can be TMX or XLIF.

Milan

Wayne Lee

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
Mind the NDA!!! Jun 9, 2020

While it could do the trick, I could do something similar via free QTranslate.

However, for a sensible paper I would rather garble the document or use an off-line MT.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Can I use machine translate for whole ducument once?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »