Thread poster: Mahdi Ghazanfar
Mahdi Ghazanfar
Mahdi Ghazanfar
Local time: 06:12
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Apr 14, 2010

Hello,
Recently I faced a serious problem with my translation using wordfast 6. after translating form English into Fasi I noticed that the text in fasi appears from left to right while the opposit direction is the correct one for Farsi. Whatever I did the problem was there. finally I cut & paste the cleaned document into excel, the direction got Ok and then I paste it back into word. for more information I should say that the problem was like when your sentence is: "this is good" and it a
... See more
Hello,
Recently I faced a serious problem with my translation using wordfast 6. after translating form English into Fasi I noticed that the text in fasi appears from left to right while the opposit direction is the correct one for Farsi. Whatever I did the problem was there. finally I cut & paste the cleaned document into excel, the direction got Ok and then I paste it back into word. for more information I should say that the problem was like when your sentence is: "this is good" and it appears as:" good is it". the words are ok but the direction of sentences are not Ok. Please help me with this problem if you know the reason and kindly let me know how I can stop it and save my time.
Regards
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 04:42
English to Arabic
Upgrade Apr 14, 2010

Mahdi Ghazanfar wrote:

Hello,
Recently I faced a serious problem with my translation using wordfast 6. after translating form English into Fasi I noticed that the text in fasi appears from left to right while the opposit direction is the correct one for Farsi. Whatever I did the problem was there. finally I cut & paste the cleaned document into excel, the direction got Ok and then I paste it back into word. for more information I should say that the problem was like when your sentence is: "this is good" and it appears as:" good is it". the words are ok but the direction of sentences are not Ok.

Dear Mahdi,

Could you please download and install the latest version of Wordfast Professional 2.3 available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Karletto
Karletto
English to Slovenian
+ ...
no hard feelings Apr 14, 2010

Use a mirror. lol
No hard feelings

Mahdi Ghazanfar
Mahdi Ghazanfar
Local time: 06:12
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Apr 15, 2010

Thank you Yasmin. As soon as I tested the version I'll inform you of the results.
And I wish You Karleto good feelings.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Right to left languages

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »