Tanya Ronnen
المملكة المتحدة
عضو (Apr 2020)
إسباني إلى أنجليزي
+ ...

Posted via
ProZ.com Mobile

Jul 28

Be careful if you receive an email with a Betty Harris (bettyharis8@gmail.com). She claims to want you to translate a document from University of Madrid (or elsewhere). Mine was about agriculture and they needed it in a month for a presentation. DON'T buy it I asked to be paid 20% upfront and to transfer to my PayPal however she kept asking for weird information like my bank account , ssrn (whatever that is), address. .. written also in very bad English. Don't give them your details! She con... See more
Be careful if you receive an email with a Betty Harris (bettyharis8@gmail.com). She claims to want you to translate a document from University of Madrid (or elsewhere). Mine was about agriculture and they needed it in a month for a presentation. DON'T buy it I asked to be paid 20% upfront and to transfer to my PayPal however she kept asking for weird information like my bank account , ssrn (whatever that is), address. .. written also in very bad English. Don't give them your details! She contacted me through here so please block this email address. ThanksCollapse

María Belén Di Memmo

Teresa Borges
البرتغال
Local time: 14:50
عضو (2007)
أنجليزي إلى برتغالي
+ ...
@Tanya Jul 28

Have you reported this? https://www.proz.com/about/translator-scam-alerts

María Belén Di Memmo  Identity Verified
الأرجنتين
Local time: 10:50
عضو (2019)
أنجليزي إلى إسباني
+ ...
I have just received the same email Jul 29

She asks me for the translation of the same document. I found her email in this page
http://wiki.proz.com/wiki/index.php/Translator_scam_alert_reports#March_27.2C_2014:_Probable_scam_reported_on_site_forums

Tanya Ronnen wrote:

Be careful if you receive an email with a Betty Harris (bettyharis8@gmail.com). She claims to want you to translate a document from University of Madrid (or elsewhere). Mine was about agriculture and they needed it in a month for a presentation. DON'T buy it I asked to be paid 20% upfront and to transfer to my PayPal however she kept asking for weird information like my bank account , ssrn (whatever that is), address. .. written also in very bad English. Don't give them your details! She contacted me through here so please block this email address. Thanks

[Edited at 2020-07-30 00:04 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

مشرفو هذا المنتدى
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bette Harris scammer with email bettyharis8@gmail.com

Advanced search

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within SDL Trados Studio

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • البحث عن مصطلح
  • عروض العمل
  • منتديات
  • Multiple search