Keep receiving an email from a company looking to change details in my CV so they can "procure Jobs"
Thread poster: Trevor Chichester
Trevor Chichester
Trevor Chichester  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:15
Member (2012)
German to English
+ ...
Oct 21, 2020

Has anyone else received an email like this?

Dear Translator,

[I am [redacted] from Beintrans company. I am a project manager and a mediator between the translators and the clients. The client will give me a project either it’s a translation, proofreading, editing, or other services. So, the idea is to take your permission and authorization to change small details of your CV such as email and contact details if you agree. And I need you to be assured that you w
... See more
Has anyone else received an email like this?

Dear Translator,

[I am [redacted] from Beintrans company. I am a project manager and a mediator between the translators and the clients. The client will give me a project either it’s a translation, proofreading, editing, or other services. So, the idea is to take your permission and authorization to change small details of your CV such as email and contact details if you agree. And I need you to be assured that you will take your right completely and on time. You only need to read our contract, sign it, and send it with your CV and cover letter. We only change contact details in order to send the CV to clients to get jobs and you have the full and complete priority to work on those projects. In case you are not available, we can send jobs to other translators.

The purpose of this authorization and permission is to have cooperation with you to get projects by sending your CV to clients.

Don’t hesitate to agree with our work because you are dealing with a trustworthy company that will give you a good job at a good price.

Please do feel free to get in touch for more help.

Kind regards, ]

I've searched high and low on Blue Boards, the link to their "website" is dead'

Has anyone else received this?
Collapse

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:15
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Delete right away Oct 21, 2020

This email fishing for information in order to abuse it has been around for some time now. The proposal is so obvious that it might even be successful because hardly anybody would believe that a fraudster can be this dumb.

Don't even bother to reply (might be that the information included in your email is sold) and just send it to File 13 (bin) right away.

Trevor Chichester
Morano El-Kholy
Yolanda Broad
Katya Kesten
Liviu-Lee Roth
Philip Lees
Laura Kingdon

Trevor Chichester
United States
Member (2012)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's what I thought. Oct 21, 2020

That's what I thought. It seems INSANELY fraudulent to offer to "change details" to someone else's CV so that they can "procure work".

They are nowhere to be found on ANY website or translation association.

Marina Taffetani
Marina Taffetani  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2013)
German to Italian
+ ...
Scammer Oct 21, 2020

Looks like this is a known scammer: https://www.proz.com/forum/scams/311842-banning_definitively_bein.html

Have a look here and here

Yolanda Broad
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
"you are dealing with a trustworthy company" Oct 21, 2020

Apart from the ridiculous proposal, this is a dead giveaway that the company is not on the level.
Unfortunately there are a number of poor souls who will fall for this obvious scam.

Trevor Chichester
Morano El-Kholy
Yolanda Broad
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei
Liviu-Lee Roth
Philip Lees
María Paula Gorgone

Trevor Chichester
United States
Member (2012)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yup Oct 21, 2020

Kevin Fulton wrote:

Apart from the ridiculous proposal, this is a dead giveaway that the company is not on the level.
Unfortunately there are a number of poor souls who will fall for this obvious scam.

Sadly I can see some layman agreeing to this out of desperation.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
BEIN is one of multiple reincarnations of scam champion, Languagemet Oct 21, 2020

Besides the links already provided above, see
https://www.proz.com/blueboard/9086
and
https://www.proz.com/topic/230462

Yolanda Broad

Trevor Chichester
United States
Member (2012)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wow! Oct 21, 2020

Natalie wrote:

Besides the links already provided above, see
https://www.proz.com/blueboard/9086
and
https://www.proz.com/topic/230462

Can't anything else be done? This is CLEARLY illegal and a blatant scam. They have been doing this for YEARS it seems.

Katarzyna Slowikova
Katarzyna Slowikova  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Czech
+ ...
"Mediators" = identity thiefs Oct 21, 2020

Trevor Chichester wrote:
Can't anything else be done? This is CLEARLY illegal and a blatant scam. They have been doing this for YEARS it seems.

Yes, and don't hold your breath for it to end anytime soon.
If you want to find out more about this scam, check www.translator-scammers.com/. Maybe you could even contribute to their list of names and email addresses, if "your" scammer isn't included yet.

Btw. Beintrans is quite a funny name for German speakers.

[Edited at 2020-10-21 15:58 GMT]

Liviu-Lee Roth

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Well Oct 21, 2020

As soon as their latest identity gets blocked, they just create next fake 'company' with new gmail/hotmail/yahoo addresses.

Exactly like endless saga with Nigerian scammers contacting people under various fake names, this will never end.

Yolanda Broad
Liviu-Lee Roth
Thayenga
Mr. Satan (X)

Trevor Chichester
United States
Member (2012)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
RIGHT! Oct 21, 2020

Katarzyna Slowikova wrote:

Btw. Beintrans is quite a funny name for German speakers.

[Edited at 2020-10-21 15:58 GMT]

Hah! When I opened the email I IMMEDIATELY thought..."Beintrans??! How extremely odd?!"

Maksym Kozub
Maksym Kozub  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:15
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Definitely a scam Dec 21, 2020

I received it tonight, and immediately thought "It definitely smells like some scam".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keep receiving an email from a company looking to change details in my CV so they can "procure Jobs"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »