Thread poster: Andrea Kaspryk
3089491 (X)
3089491 (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 16:16
Not your fault Mar 7, 2021

@Adieu:

Lady,

Any idea what a translation agency does *before* including you in their database? Often, there is also a translation test. And you need to fulfill a certain number of criteria.

It is not my intention to blame Proz.com here. They served the translation profession well, and they continue to do a decent job. Some things could be improved, that is true..

The usual workflow is as follows:

Corporation > Translation Agency >
... See more
@Adieu:

Lady,

Any idea what a translation agency does *before* including you in their database? Often, there is also a translation test. And you need to fulfill a certain number of criteria.

It is not my intention to blame Proz.com here. They served the translation profession well, and they continue to do a decent job. Some things could be improved, that is true..

Corporation > Translation Agency > Individual Translator

Corporations and translation agencies just don't belong in the same category.

A wonderful anti-scam tool Proz.com makes available to translators is the IP of the sender. If, for example, an alleged Brirish company writes from a Nigeria-located IP, perhaps something is not right. It is not obvious from the very beginning because the IP looks neutral, just numbers ... But it is rather easy to check. Many websites offer this service for free.
Collapse

Yolanda Broad

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
???? Mar 8, 2021

Mihai Badea wrote:

@Adieu:

Lady,

Corporation > Translation Agency > Individual Translator

Corporations and translation agencies just don't belong in the same category.

A wonderful anti-scam tool Proz.com makes available to translators is the IP of the sender. If, for example, an alleged Brirish company writes from a Nigeria-located IP, perhaps something is not right. It is not obvious from the very beginning because the IP looks neutral, just numbers ... But it is rather easy to check. Many websites offer this service for free.

How am I or anybody else blaming proz?

Did anybody here yet say they used proz to connect with this company? I didn't

Who says we didn't take tests or send a resume?

Who's talking about an agency?

....and what does any of this have to do with what I believe to be incompetent people at real Iqvia and Andrea believes might be impersonators owing us money for Iqvia jobs????

PLEASE DISCLOSE YOUR INTEREST HERE. IQVIA EMPLOYEE? Agency employee/owner hard trolling all the scam threads here to convince people of the sad cold futility of solo work?

[Edited at 2021-03-08 03:36 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-03-08 03:40 GMT]

3089491 (X)
3089491 (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 16:16
Reporting bad payers Mar 8, 2021

@Adieu: When you definitely established someone is of bad faith, you do a service to the community if you report them in Blue Board.

My advice, which you might want to take it or not, is to have patience and not hurry up to report them. Try to solve this situation amicably.

But please, do report them if they eventually don't pay. Fellow translators check potential customers in Blue Board, we can't expect everyone to read forum threads. Not all the time, anyway.

Andrea Kaspryk
Andrea Kaspryk  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:16
Member (2018)
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
IQVIA - fake or scam company or someone claiming to represent this company - Resolved Mar 10, 2021

I should note that I finally did receive payment, long delayed, from this company.

I don't know what the issues were with the delay and why it took so long, but a representative of the company finally addressed and resolved the issue.

Adieu

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Yup, confirmed real Mar 11, 2021

Their payments processing company is next-level thick, though.

It's like herding stoners.

[Edited at 2021-03-11 18:28 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Impersonator of IQVIA - someone claiming to represent this company

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »