Inline pattern tags disapearing in tbulic11 files
Thread poster: Hideki Ishii
Hideki Ishii
Hideki Ishii
United States
English to Japanese
Sep 6, 2014

Hi,

I have encountered an issue with tags and placeholders protected with Inline patterns feature of Passolo. .tbulic11 files have been generated from an .lpu file for multiple locales. In the .lpu file, markup language tags, such as , and other common placeholders and variables, such as {0} and %s, are protected using Passolo's inline pattern feature. The generated .tbulic11 files from the .lpu inherited the inline patterns settings.

When a segment
... See more
Hi,

I have encountered an issue with tags and placeholders protected with Inline patterns feature of Passolo. .tbulic11 files have been generated from an .lpu file for multiple locales. In the .lpu file, markup language tags, such as , and other common placeholders and variables, such as {0} and %s, are protected using Passolo's inline pattern feature. The generated .tbulic11 files from the .lpu inherited the inline patterns settings.

When a segment with inline pattern protection is highlighted for editing, the Text tab at the bottom of the Passolo does not display the protected inline pattern tags. Both source segment and target segment do not display protected inline pattern tags. However, the string in the string list at the top half pane of Passolo does display the markup tags, place holders, and variables. If such segment is edited for translation without noticing that the tags are present in the string list, and translation is saved, protected inline pattern tags are completely lost.

This behavior has been reported from several translators from different locales, who use Passolo Translator Edition SP5, SP7, and SP9. The .lpu file is created and managed with Passolo 2011 Team Edition SP7 (11.7.0). I originally thought that the Text tab at the bottom does not display the inline pattern tags due to the Options settings, but I confirmed that translators have the Tools > Options... > Tags settings configured with "Show tags with short caption (default)" settings.

With various attempts to determine the cause and fix the issue, I'm running out of solution for tight deadline for thousands of strings with lost inline pattern tags. Is this Passolo's bug?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Myron Netchypor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Inline pattern tags disapearing in tbulic11 files

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »