Katrin Arnolds
Katrin Arnolds  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:59
Member (2011)
English to German
May 13, 2015

Hello,
I have received LPU files as reference files for a Passolo translation job. Does anyone know what they are for or how to open them?

Thanks in advance!
Katrin

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
With Passolo May 13, 2015

LPU files are Passolo Localization Project files (Passolo Translation Bundle) and can be (has to be) opened with Passolo. What else?

There is a free Translator Passolo Edition. Try it if not already done.

Best regards

Katrin Arnolds
Germany
Member (2011)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 14, 2015

I tried to open it with "Translator Edition 2011 SP7" but I received the error message "Please use the proper version of Passolo to open this file" which did not help much. I have searched the Internet, too, but hardly found any information.
My assumption is that these LPU files were used to build the TBULIC bundle I am working with. Then I wouldn't need them and they would have been sent by the client by mistake. I already checked with the client but they might Need some days to get back
... See more
I tried to open it with "Translator Edition 2011 SP7" but I received the error message "Please use the proper version of Passolo to open this file" which did not help much. I have searched the Internet, too, but hardly found any information.
My assumption is that these LPU files were used to build the TBULIC bundle I am working with. Then I wouldn't need them and they would have been sent by the client by mistake. I already checked with the client but they might Need some days to get back to me ...

[Edited at 2015-05-14 19:13 GMT]
Collapse

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
Incompatibility issues May 15, 2015

Katrin a écrit :

"Please use the proper version of Passolo to open this file" which did not help much.

The incompatibility questions between different versions are well known and very frustrating. You are not the only one having such problems.

I have searched the Internet, too, but hardly found any information.

Right, it is easier to promote a product than to try to find solutions or really explain how to. Here an example of what you can find :

https://community.sdl.com/products-solutions/language/sdl_passolo/f/142/t/3622

Now, I see that you have the TBULIC, so that it should not be a problem to open it, at worst with the 2015 Edition? Which means that it will be no more editable in the 2011 version. I assume in such a case that you indeed not need the PLU files.

Good luck !

Katrin Arnolds
Germany
Member (2011)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
New information May 18, 2015

Meanwhile the client got back to me with the information that the LPU files can only be opened with the Professional Edition but that I do not need them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Myron Netchypor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

LPU files?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »