ERROR while searching for fuzzy match in Studio TM
Thread poster: Miggl0r
Feb 1, 2017

I'm using Passolo 2016 and I have added a Studio TM (sdltm) for Fuzzy Matching, Concordances and Pre-Translation. The settings all well. For the first or two textlist items it works fine, so I get fuzzy matches from the passolo project itselfs and also fuzzy matches from SDL-TM, but at the next item an error message is shown in the Message window:

(I'm working on an german system, so the message is promted in german and my english translation could be different)
ERROR - Err
... See more
I'm using Passolo 2016 and I have added a Studio TM (sdltm) for Fuzzy Matching, Concordances and Pre-Translation. The settings all well. For the first or two textlist items it works fine, so I get fuzzy matches from the passolo project itselfs and also fuzzy matches from SDL-TM, but at the next item an error message is shown in the Message window:

(I'm working on an german system, so the message is promted in german and my english translation could be different)
ERROR - Error while searching for fuzzy matches in TM [name of tm]. Info: The value is outside the expected range.

After that message, the TM is disabled in the Translation Helpers (Fuzzy, Concordance, Pre-Translation). I can enabled it again, but it works only for the next one or two items as before and the message is shown again and the TM is disabled.

So far I've tried, reindexing the TM and copied TM locally from network folder, nothing helped.

Does anyone know this problem?

thx

Mirko
Collapse

Achim Herrmann
Achim Herrmann
Local time: 01:55
English to German
Sample to reproduce Feb 6, 2017

No, I haven't ever seen this behavior. Does this happen always with the same source text entry or just after a while? Would be good to get the TM and the bundle to do some indeep testing.

Achim Herrmann, SDL Solutions Consultant

Branislav Húska
Branislav Húska  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Local time: 01:55
English to Slovak
+ ...
same problem here Feb 16, 2018

Hi,

Mirko does not seem to be the only person having this issue. I am currently experiencing exactly the same problem. In my system, the exact wording of the error message is:

ERROR - Error during Fuzzy Translation from Translation Memory [name of tm]. Details: Value does not fall within the expected range.

I have two TMs connected to the bundle, the one that keeps disconnecting is rather huge, the smaller one seems to be working fine.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Myron Netchypor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ERROR while searching for fuzzy match in Studio TM

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »