How to deactivate day/date in Trados 2015?
Thread poster: Paula Mahler
Paula Mahler
Paula Mahler
Argentina
Local time: 10:47
French to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 24, 2018

Helo: when I have a date in my source text (e.g, April 24th) in the target text appears always the day (e.g. martes, 24 de abril). I can't find out how desactivate this feature.
Thanks for your help.
Paula

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
Auto-substitution Apr 24, 2018

In your project settings (or globally in File/Options if you want to do this for all future projects), go to:

Language Pairs > Your specific language pair > Translation Memory and Automated Translation > Auto-substitution > Dates and Times

Change the Long date format to the second option and that's it (since you're here, you can also adjust in the Measurements section to always insert a non-breaking space between numbers and units, another annoying option that should be
... See more
In your project settings (or globally in File/Options if you want to do this for all future projects), go to:

Language Pairs > Your specific language pair > Translation Memory and Automated Translation > Auto-substitution > Dates and Times

Change the Long date format to the second option and that's it (since you're here, you can also adjust in the Measurements section to always insert a non-breaking space between numbers and units, another annoying option that should be the default for Spanish).

Isn't this all very intuitive? /s
Collapse

Mohamad Rudi Atmoko
Diana Valori

Paula Mahler
Paula Mahler
Argentina
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Autosustitución no aparece Apr 24, 2018

Dear Rossana,
Thank your for your answer. It is intuitive, yes, but when I click in Translation Memory and Automated Translation, Auto-substitution > Dates and Times dont' appear.
I don´t know how.
Best,
Paula

Rossana Triaca wrote:

Change the Long date format to the second option and that's it (since you're here, you can also adjust in the Measurements section to always insert a non-breaking space between numbers and units, another annoying option that should be the default for Spanish).

Isn't this all very intuitive? /s

[Editado a las 2018-04-24 17:34 GMT]

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
Really awful interface Apr 24, 2018

Sorry, the /s is shorthand for "sarcasm" -- I meant it's definitely not intuitive at all!!  :)

I don't have a SDL 2015 to check the command is in the same place as the 2017 version, but here's a link to a useful blog post by Emma Goldsmith with screenshots (although I think it may be for SDL 2014).

[Edited at 2018-04-24 18:59 GMT]

Michal Chmielewski

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:47
English to Russian
Global options, same for project-specific settings (SDL Trados 2015 SR3) Apr 25, 2018

See this screenshot:
http://i65.tinypic.com/k19u1z.jpg

Paula Mahler
Paula Mahler
Argentina
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many, many, many thanks Apr 25, 2018

Best,
Paula

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to deactivate day/date in Trados 2015?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »