Thread poster: Oriol Vives (X)
Oriol Vives (X)
Oriol Vives (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:00
English to Catalan
+ ...
Jul 30, 2020

I am trying to do so after logging in in my SDL Account, but I get the window "Consent Required". After checking the small box to agree to the terms of service and clicking the blue box "Acknowledge agreement", the page loads for a second, stays the same and I don't have access to the forums. There is some information I would like to check there.

Does anyone have any suggestion? Where can you contact someone there or get some help? Thanks in advance.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Oriol Jul 30, 2020

Oriol Vives wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestion?

Paul suggested using this URL:
http://xl8.one

What does that do for you?

Do you also have this problem using other browsers? Have you tried pasting the URL in the browser's address bar in the same tab, after you logged in?

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oriol Jul 30, 2020

Bon dia Oriol,

It might take some time for this to reach you, because my posts have been greyed out pending approval because apparently I overstep the line occasionally, but I've just visited my SDL account as normal, with my e-mail address and password, and there it all is.

When you finally do get through, I must say that SDL are very proactive and friendly, and bend over backwards to help ...

Mervyn

Oriol Vives (X)
Spain
English to Catalan
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Samuel Jul 30, 2020

I tried using the link you provided, but I get the same result. I'll try using another browser!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Also note... Jul 30, 2020

Oriol Vives wrote:

There is some information I would like to check there.

... that you don't need to login to simply check the forums or search. You only need to login to post. The suggestion to use a different browser is a good one.

Regards

Paul.

[Edited at 2020-07-30 09:13 GMT]

Oriol Vives (X)
Spain
English to Catalan
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hello Paul, Jul 30, 2020

SDL Community wrote:

Oriol Vives wrote:

There is some information I would like to check there.

... that you don't need to login to simply check the forums or search. You only need to login to post. The suggestion to use a different browser is a good one.

Regards

Paul.

[Edited at 2020-07-30 09:13 GMT]

That should work in theory, but if I make a search and get results, I cannot access anything -I am stuck at the page described. I cannot access the SDL Community. Thanks though, I will keep trying.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:00
English to Russian
What if you Jul 30, 2020

google for any phrase with 'SDL', for example: cannot activate SDL. The very first hit links to the SDL community site.

Oriol Vives (X)
Spain
English to Catalan
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Mervyn! Jul 30, 2020

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

Bon dia Oriol,

It might take some time for this to reach you, because my posts have been greyed out pending approval because apparently I overstep the line occasionally, but I've just visited my SDL account as normal, with my e-mail address and password, and there it all is.

When you finally do get through, I must say that SDL are very proactive and friendly, and bend over backwards to help ...

Mervyn

Well, you didn't overstep any line with this one! Overstepping happens because you have a passionate nature, just like the best of us do!

And to Stepan: Thank you, I tried what you said and I had no luck! I was prompted to the same window. I can see topics if I use the search box, but I can't enter their pages.

I will contact them when I have some spare minutes for sure!

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Clear your cache Jul 30, 2020

You might need to clear your browser's cache. I have a similar problem with another (phone) account and this usually helps.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Overstep the line? Jul 30, 2020

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

All users are moderated by default but once we have verified they are not spammers we remove this so they don't get moderated. The moderation is there for two reasons:

1. so we don't come in tomorrow morning and find 100 stupid posts that have nothing to do with the community topics
2. if people overstep the mark

The latter is fairly rare and I have only moderated three people ever, and only two are still moderated for this reason. I didn't recognise your name, since it was me who moderated them, so I checked and can't find you at all. I wanted to make sure it wasn't just because we didn't notice you were moderated so I could correct the mistake. Let me know if I need to correct something?

Thanks

Paul.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
@Paul Jul 30, 2020

No, Paul, don't worry. What I meant was nothing to do with SDL. My posts are being vetted because I made some untoward comments on a thread the other day, that's all.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do you access the SDL Community?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »