Thread poster: Simone Freri (X)
Simone Freri (X)
Simone Freri (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:21
German to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 23, 2005

Dear Henry, dear ProZ.com colleagues,

Before joining the Group Buy Trados 7.0 upgrade list, I'd like to know which additional costs I may expect if I have the upgrade delivered to The Netherlands. The upgrade itself (from Trados 5 or earlier) will cost me EUR 324, so I read, but it's not clear to me if 19% VAT will be added later. And what exactly is meant by "Trados prices according to buyer location". Will any costs be added for a Trados buyer in - in my case - The Netherlands? Pl
... See more
Dear Henry, dear ProZ.com colleagues,

Before joining the Group Buy Trados 7.0 upgrade list, I'd like to know which additional costs I may expect if I have the upgrade delivered to The Netherlands. The upgrade itself (from Trados 5 or earlier) will cost me EUR 324, so I read, but it's not clear to me if 19% VAT will be added later. And what exactly is meant by "Trados prices according to buyer location". Will any costs be added for a Trados buyer in - in my case - The Netherlands? Please note that SDL/Trados are currently offering a 20% discount on the Trados 7.0 upgrade. Purchasing the upgrade directly from them will set me back EUR 355 and does evidently not include 3 months of Proz.com platinum membership, but at least I know exactly what to expect - pricewise, that is

Comments, answers, suggestions welcome, preferably before the above-mentioned group buy is closed...
Collapse

Jan Kolbaba
Jan Kolbaba  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 01:21
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
good question Sep 25, 2005

Dear Simone,

You put a very good question. I would like to join this group too since the offered price is "really attractive". But in this case I am not sure. I think we do not avoid paying the tax (VAT) as we pay 19% in the Czech Republic too. May be you should look up a dealer with Trados products in your country of origin as I did and compare prices. Might be you will realize that the difference is not so big. I think that the offered discount is valid till the end of this m
... See more
Dear Simone,

You put a very good question. I would like to join this group too since the offered price is "really attractive". But in this case I am not sure. I think we do not avoid paying the tax (VAT) as we pay 19% in the Czech Republic too. May be you should look up a dealer with Trados products in your country of origin as I did and compare prices. Might be you will realize that the difference is not so big. I think that the offered discount is valid till the end of this month. So good luck! Jan
Collapse

Katja Vuorisalo
Katja Vuorisalo  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 02:21
French to Finnish
+ ...
VAT and shipping Feb 21, 2014

I am also considering to buy Studio 2014 through a group buy but am wondering about the amount of VAT and shipping costs. Does VAT come automatically according to the VAT of your country? Is the payment always via credit card?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Group Buy Trados 7.0 upgrade

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »