Catherine Muir
Catherine Muir  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 20:45
Indonesian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Aug 18, 2012

I am at www.proz.com/translator/13030. I have LinkedIn and Twitter in my Contacts, but--try as I might--I keep getting an error message when I try to associate Facebook with my ProZ profile, telling me to try again later. I've been trying for 3 days!

I gave up trying on IE because of a cookies conflict, but even in Mozilla, I get the same error message.

Any ideas what mig
... See more
I am at www.proz.com/translator/13030. I have LinkedIn and Twitter in my Contacts, but--try as I might--I keep getting an error message when I try to associate Facebook with my ProZ profile, telling me to try again later. I've been trying for 3 days!

I gave up trying on IE because of a cookies conflict, but even in Mozilla, I get the same error message.

Any ideas what might be happening and whether there's a way around it?

BTW, my Facebook page is 'Catherine Muir, Translator, Indonesian>English, Native Speaker US English'. I would welcome 'Likes' but mostly I need help linking up that page with my ProZ profile.

Cheers and thanks,
Catherine Muir
Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:45
German to French
+ ...
Facebook Page vs. Profile Sep 3, 2012

Hi Catherine,

Maybe the problem comes from the fact that the FB integration on proZ works for Facebook Profiles and not Pages?

Are you using Facebook as your Page only or do you have a personal profile behind it?

Cheers,
Anne

Michele Galuppo
Michele Galuppo  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:45
English to Italian
+ ...
facebook page vs.Profile Sep 6, 2012

I have the same problem and don't know how to work it out.....here is the error: "error": {
"message": "Invalid redirect_uri: L'indirizzo inserito non \u00e8 consentito dalla configurazione dell'applicazione.",
"type": "OAuthException",
"code": 191
}
}

[Modificato alle 2012-09-06 16:59 GMT]

Catherine Muir
Australia
Indonesian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
I give up trying to link my ProZ profile to Facebook. Sep 6, 2012

I've tried so many times. No problems linking LinkedIn and Twitter, but not Facebook. I give up.

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:45
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem. Sep 6, 2012

I have the same problem, Catherine. Anyway, I can see your profile perfectly.

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Development staff notified Sep 6, 2012

Hello all,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Development staff has been notified of the error that has been occurring recently when certain ProZ.com users attempt to associate their profiles to their Facebook accounts.

My apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience while we try to straighten this out.

Best regards,

Maria

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
This error should now be resolved Sep 12, 2012

Hello again,

Development staff have looked into this issue and report that it should now be fixed.

If you experience any further errors in associating your Facebook accounts to your ProZ.com profiles, please contact site staff via a support request.

Thank you for your patience!

Best regards,

Maria

Catherine Muir
Australia
Indonesian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Facebook successfully added to my Contacts Sep 23, 2012

I tried today; worked like a charm. Facebook is now on my ProZ.com profile. Thanks to staff for fixing the bug!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Error message when trying to add Facebook to my Contacts

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »