Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:15
German to French
+ ...
Oct 4, 2012

Hi all,

You'll find here five small basic SEO tip for Google + profiles, if you're interested.

Which leads to the question: are you on G+? What do you think of it?

Cheers
Anne

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not on it Oct 4, 2012

No, I'm not on G+. I don't see the use of it. Rather than vying to be top of the Google list, I'd rather disappear from it.

Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Go for it Oct 4, 2012

neilmac wrote:
Rather than vying to be top of the Google list, I'd rather disappear from it.

Thanks. The smaller the numer of competitors competing for page one in Google, the better.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:15
Finnish to French
Hangouts Oct 4, 2012

Anne Diamantidis wrote:
Which leads to the question: are you on G+? What do you think of it?

Hangouts are handy. Our local translators' association is considering using it for broadcasting and recording its monthly meetings (for the benefit of members who are too far away or cannot attend otherwise).

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Agreed Oct 4, 2012

Hey Dominique

Thanks for your input - I agree, Hangouts are very practical, wel-designed and user-friendly. I use them more than Skype for video calls actualy - the quality of the audio and the image is also a tad superior.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:15
Finnish to French
Google hangouts vs. Skype calls Oct 5, 2012

Anne Diamantidis wrote:
I agree, Hangouts are very practical, wel-designed and user-friendly. I use them more than Skype for video calls actualy - the quality of the audio and the image is also a tad superior.

The differences between Google hangouts and Skype video calls are actually quite significant: first of all, Skype calls are unreliable in my experience as soon as you have 3-4 callers or more; secondly, a "videoconference" implemented with Skype cannot be broadcast live to other people, whereas any number of people can follow a Google Hangout live, if they have the link for the hangout; they don't need special software for that, it's just like watching a YouTube video in your browser; finally, Google hangouts can be recorded and uploaded to YouTube, something you can't do with Skype.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Some Google+ tips for translators

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »