Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:11
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sep 12, 2019

Hello everyone

I'm looking for a tool that can do what the glossary look-up functionality in many CAT tools can do, namely a tool in which I can load my own glossaries, and then perform searches on a whole sentences so that the results are given in a single pane or a single report showing matches for all words in the searched sentence. Preferably something that can handle fuzzy lookup and/or stemming/tokenizing for languages whose words tend not to match glossary entries precisely.
... See more
Hello everyone

I'm looking for a tool that can do what the glossary look-up functionality in many CAT tools can do, namely a tool in which I can load my own glossaries, and then perform searches on a whole sentences so that the results are given in a single pane or a single report showing matches for all words in the searched sentence. Preferably something that can handle fuzzy lookup and/or stemming/tokenizing for languages whose words tend not to match glossary entries precisely. What can you recommend (apart from installing a second CAT tool and using its glossary feature)?

Added: Just to be sure, I don't want the tool to find matches for whole sentences. In other words, I'm not looking for a TM tool. I want a glossary tool to takes whole sentences (i.e. multiple words simultaneously) as the search query, and then find results in a glossary for all the terms that are found in the query.

Thanks
Samuel

[Edited at 2019-09-12 20:00 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termbase with multi-word look-up

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »