Does InDesign's PDF annotation import work with third-party edited PDFs?
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:00
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Dec 8, 2020

Hello everyone

When PDFs that were created with InDesign CC 2019 are annotated in e.g. Acrobat Reader, the annotations can be imported directly into InDesign (and certain annotations can even be applied as tracked edits). I know that this doesn't work with all PDFs -- the PDF must have been created with InDesign. My question is whether it is necessary to edit that PDF file in Acrobat Reader... I know that other PDF programs also produce ISO compliant PDFs, so perhaps you don't nee
... See more
Hello everyone

When PDFs that were created with InDesign CC 2019 are annotated in e.g. Acrobat Reader, the annotations can be imported directly into InDesign (and certain annotations can even be applied as tracked edits). I know that this doesn't work with all PDFs -- the PDF must have been created with InDesign. My question is whether it is necessary to edit that PDF file in Acrobat Reader... I know that other PDF programs also produce ISO compliant PDFs, so perhaps you don't need to edit this in Acrobat Reader after all.

Does anyone here have that version of InDesign so that we can test a few files?

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does InDesign's PDF annotation import work with third-party edited PDFs?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »