Thread poster: Carolina Garrido
Carolina Garrido
Carolina Garrido  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:31
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
Sep 23, 2016

Lately, sometimes I open Dragon and start dictating and the punctuation commands go weird. I say "close interrogation" (not sure what the exact command is in English, I used the Spanish version) and I get ] instead of ?, when I say "open exclamation", I get ¿ instead of ¡ . It is not a recognition problem, as the words are not similar and even if I try saying them several times I get the same mistake over and over. And then other days I open Dragon and it works perfectly, all punctuation marks... See more
Lately, sometimes I open Dragon and start dictating and the punctuation commands go weird. I say "close interrogation" (not sure what the exact command is in English, I used the Spanish version) and I get ] instead of ?, when I say "open exclamation", I get ¿ instead of ¡ . It is not a recognition problem, as the words are not similar and even if I try saying them several times I get the same mistake over and over. And then other days I open Dragon and it works perfectly, all punctuation marks are OK.

I use Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium Español Version 13.00.000.330.

Does anybody have any idea what it could be? Have you had any similar problems before? It really slows me down on a bad day as I am working on a book with a lot of dialogue.

Thank you for your help!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon - punctuation commands going crazy

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »