Kirsten Bodart
Kirsten Bodart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:08
Dutch to English
+ ...
Sep 18, 2017

Hi everyone!

Apologies if this has been asked already, but I'm looking into speech recognition software for translations into Dutch and English.

How does it usually work when you buy a package like Dragon? Would I need to buy two or do they come in several languages?

Any other suggestions compatible with MemoQ 2015 are appreciated too. Only Windows 8 and up though.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 12:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
One per language Sep 18, 2017

AFAIK, you need a version of Dragon for each language you are going to use it in. I have one laptop with the Spanish version on it, and the English version on my other computers. Perhaps one of the more expensive "PRO" versions of Dragon handles more than one language and time, but I don't know.

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:08
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
English + one other language Sep 18, 2017

If you buy an international version, during installation you will be prompted to also install English. I have the international Spanish version and it allows you to switch back and forth between English and Spanish, you just need different profiles.

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
Also ask for earlier versions of Dragon Dictate Sep 18, 2017

Kirsten Bodart wrote:

Hi everyone!

Apologies if this has been asked already, but I'm looking into speech recognition software for translations into Dutch and English.

How does it usually work when you buy a package like Dragon? Would I need to buy two or do they come in several languages?

Any other suggestions compatible with MemoQ 2015 are appreciated too. Only Windows 8 and up though.

I purchased my Spanish-English premium version (version 12) of Dragon NaturallySpeaking (DNS) about 3-4 years ago for about $150 (US dollars). I believe prices are much higher these days. Please check with Nuance first and consider searching around for an earlier or older Dutch-English premium (or not) version of DNS. Places like eBay and Amazon, or similar ones in your country, may have the physical (CD or DVD) versions on sale. Do not buy downloadable software unless it is from the manufacturer or developer.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dictation software Dutch/English

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »