Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]
Reviews now possible for "Translation Mastermind" (a private FB group included in Plus subscription)
Thread poster: Andrew Morris
Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
@Elizabeth May 10, 2019

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:
Oh, there are many more, believe me.

Edited to add: Andy Watkinson agrees with you that I seem to be the only one. Bless!

I’m not entirely sure what your point is here, but I really am curious about why you’ve taken the clear position you have.

Andy Watkinson

Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:14
Catalan to English
+ ...
So... May 10, 2019

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Chris S wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:
Really?

Yes, really. Apart from the group's staff, you do seem to be the only one.

Edited to add: Andy Watkinson agrees with you that I seem to be the only one. Bless!

What, exactly, is this supposed to mean?

I'll wait.

Elizabeth Tamblin
Elizabeth Tamblin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:14
French to English
. May 10, 2019

Chris S wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

I’m not entirely sure what your point is here, but I really am curious about why you’ve taken the clear position you have.

It just seems a weird statement to agree with.

Elizabeth Tamblin
United Kingdom
French to English
. May 10, 2019

Andy Watkinson wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Chris S wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:
Really?

I'll wait.

Hello! It just seems a weird statement to agree with. Got that?

Andy Watkinson
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
So... May 10, 2019

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Andy Watkinson wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Chris S wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:
Really?

I'll wait.

No, I don't "got that".

Out of the dozens of "agrees" with various posts/posters, you choose to single one out.

Why?

Still waiting...

Elizabeth Tamblin
United Kingdom
French to English
. May 10, 2019

Andy Watkinson wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Andy Watkinson wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Chris S wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:
Really?

I'll wait.

No, I don't "got that".

Out of the dozens of "agrees" with various posts/posters, you choose to single one out.

Why?

Still waiting...

Ok, let me try to explain a little better, if you're that upset about it. Chris stated that I appeared to be the only poster who had done something or other. I just thought it was a slightly weird thing to agree with without having anything further to add on the subject. Just an agree to a vague comment.

So now I have gone to the trouble to explain my comment, maybe you could explain your Agree, which is also effectively a comment?

I'll wait.

Andy Watkinson
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
So. May 10, 2019

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Andy Watkinson wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Andy Watkinson wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Chris S wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:
Really?

I'll wait.

No, I don't "got that".

Why?

Still waiting...

Ok, let me try to explain a little better, if you're that upset about it. Chris stated that I appeared to be the only poster who had done something or other. I just thought it was a slightly weird thing to agree with without having anything further to add on the subject. Just an agree to a vague comment.

So now I have gone to the trouble to explain my comment, maybe you could explain your Agree, which is also effectively a comment?

I'll wait.

Not upset. Puzzled.

So, your excuse is you "just thought", followed by "Bless" (sic). I'm not young enough to know everything, but this sounds (because it is) derogatory.

Disappointing.

And no. I will explain nothing to you.

Because I have not named you, singled you out, mentioned you in any form or fashion, chiefly because I didn't know you existed until I saw your post.

You will not mention me again until you actually have cause to do so. And I'm afraid your "weird feelings" don't count.

Natasha Ziada (X)

Elizabeth Tamblin
United Kingdom
French to English
@Andy May 10, 2019

Andy Watkinson wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Andy Watkinson wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Andy Watkinson wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Chris S wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:
Really?

I'll wait.

No, I don't "got that".

Why?

Still waiting...

I'll wait.

Not upset. Puzzled.

So, your excuse is you "just thought", followed by "Bless" (sic). I'm not young enough to know everything, but this sounds (because it is) derogatory.

Disappointing.

And no. I will explain nothing to you.

Because I have not named you, singled you out, mentioned you in any form or fashion, chiefly because I didn't know you existed until I saw your post.

You will not mention me again until you actually have cause to do so. And I'm afraid your "weird
feelings" don't count.

Well done, Andy, you've admitted to agreeing to a post about someone you know nothing about. I'm afraid you can't hide behind an Agree. You are still visible. Sorry I had to drag you out from under your rock.

But I'm sure you'll get "Agrees" from certain people. Let's see, eh? Just gave you an Agree myself, just to get you started.

[Edited at 2019-05-10 21:17 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-05-10 21:32 GMT]

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:14
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
@Elizabeth, are you aware what you are doing? May 10, 2019

Where are the moderators, please?

Off-topic posts, ad hominem attacks, questioning of another users' right to use the site (specifically the Agree function) - hasn't this gone far enough?
https://www.proz.com/siterules/general/2#2
"Harassment of, or attacks or ad hominem statements on, individuals or groups, of any form, as well as discouragement of another's use of the site, will not be tolerated."

I repeat: Where are the moderators, please?

Helen Shiner
Natasha Ziada (X)
Rachel Fell
writeaway
Michele Fauble
Grace Anderson
Andy Watkinson

Elizabeth Tamblin
United Kingdom
French to English
Hi Katalin May 10, 2019

Katalin Horváth McClure wrote:

Where are the moderators, please?

Off-topic posts, ad hominem attacks, questioning of another users' right to use the site (specifically the Agree function) - hasn't this gone far enough?
https://www.proz.com/siterules/general/2#2
"Harassment of, or attacks or ad hominem statements on, individuals or groups, of any form, as well as discouragement of another's use of the site, will not be tolerated."

I repeat: Where are the moderators, please?

Call the police!

Omg, where are the moderators?

And it's funny that you call for the moderators now, for a complete nobody like me. Yet you stand by and even participate in actual attacks on another forum member.

[Edited at 2019-05-10 22:32 GMT]

Andy Watkinson
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
OK. May 10, 2019

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Sorry I had to drag you out from under your rock.

OK. I'm getting sick of this.

I merely enquired why I was being singled out for treatment among a host of other people who have chosen to express their agreement with one person or another.

Elizabeth would appear to believe this to be appropriate behaviour on a "professional" site.

I don't.

It would be interesting to know if anyone agrees with me.

Helen Shiner
Katalin Horváth McClure
writeaway
Michele Fauble
Rachel Fell
Grace Anderson
Pete in Finland

Elizabeth Tamblin
United Kingdom
French to English
Andy May 10, 2019

Andy Watkinson wrote:

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Sorry I had to drag you out from under your rock.

OK. I'm getting sick of this.

I merely enquired why I was being singled out for treatment among a host of other people who have chosen to express their agreement with one person or another.

Elizabeth would appear to believe this to be appropriate behaviour on a "professional" site.

I don't.

It would be interesting to know if anyone agrees with me.

I agree with you. Now we know what it feels like, eh?

Edited to say: there you go, you're getting some agrees. Feel better now?

[Edited at 2019-05-10 22:56 GMT]

Arabic & More
Arabic & More  Identity Verified
Jordan
Arabic to English
+ ...
Puzzled May 11, 2019

The amazing thing here is how many times I have personally been moderated and had my posts deleted...not for insulting anyone, but merely for discussing translation issues and participating in various topics but somehow managing to break various obscure rules that I apparently could not comprehend...despite always trying my best to abide by the rules and make sure that I remain respectful, on-topic, etc. Then I visit these other threads to see people insulting others with impunity...and it simpl... See more
The amazing thing here is how many times I have personally been moderated and had my posts deleted...not for insulting anyone, but merely for discussing translation issues and participating in various topics but somehow managing to break various obscure rules that I apparently could not comprehend...despite always trying my best to abide by the rules and make sure that I remain respectful, on-topic, etc. Then I visit these other threads to see people insulting others with impunity...and it simply puzzles me.

Why are the moderators silent on such issues?

And where are the owners of this site?

Besides this, I cannot understand how the owner of the Mastermind group openly tells people they are not fit for the group when membership in the group is one of the supposed benefits granted to Proz Plus members. Does this mean that Tom or Chris would be denied membership in the group if they were to become Plus members? Would the owner of the group kindly clarify this point?

I have been a (non-paying) member here for a long time and do not generally concern myself with such exchanges as I am mostly an observer. But I am truly puzzled here. Does Proz not realize how its reputation is being damaged by the recent flood of aggression from one of its own staff members?
Collapse

Grace Anderson
Andy Watkinson
Pete in Finland
Natasha Ziada (X)
Katalin Horváth McClure
Michele Fauble
Helen Shiner

Andrew Morris
Andrew Morris
ProZ.com team
TOPIC STARTER
Locked May 11, 2019

Having started this thread, I now see it's gone so far off-topic that I am locking it.

Elizabeth Tamblin

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reviews now possible for "Translation Mastermind" (a private FB group included in Plus subscription)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »