Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:39
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Feb 27, 2020

Hi
is anybody aware of a feature in WFP5 allowing to edit source (= perform S&R) for ALL source segments?
I know I can activate editing for one segment but that's of no use for me.
Why? Because I often get source texts in FR with figures having dots (.) instead of commas and WF (and other CATs) does not convert those figures correctly, and I'm speaking of a lot of figures. So being able to S&R dots with commas before starting the translation would be quite a time saver.

B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
An Alternative? Feb 27, 2020

Couldn't you do the subsitution in the source document, before opening it in Wordfast? Or in the translated document? I must admit that I do miss that Pandora's Box feature of Wordfast Classic.

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
WFP5-Edit source Feb 27, 2020

B D Finch wrote:

Couldn't you do the subsitution in the source document, before opening it in Wordfast? Or in the translated document? I must admit that I do miss that Pandora's Box feature of Wordfast Classic.

Of course, that's what I did so far, but the feature would come in handy. Other tools can do it, so...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFP5-Edit source

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »