Wordfast Classic 6.99 wordfast.ini target segment font setting
Thread poster: Benkyo
Benkyo
Benkyo
Japan
Local time: 21:21
Japanese to English
Mar 19, 2020

Taking advantage of the work from home licensing arrangement, I have installed the last version of Wordfast Classic that actually works for us - 6.99 - but this version has always had a problem that changes to the wordfast.ini are often not saved.

The workaround is manually editing the wordfast.ini, but the lines you need to input are not always obvious.

I remembered that adding a tab and {space} to the end of the Segmentation line is necessary for the "Insert the follo
... See more
Taking advantage of the work from home licensing arrangement, I have installed the last version of Wordfast Classic that actually works for us - 6.99 - but this version has always had a problem that changes to the wordfast.ini are often not saved.

The workaround is manually editing the wordfast.ini, but the lines you need to input are not always obvious.

I remembered that adding a tab and {space} to the end of the Segmentation line is necessary for the "Insert the following characters..." field, but I cannot recall what line needs to be added or modified to set the "Target segment font".

Can anyone help out? Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:21
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Benkyo Mar 19, 2020

Benkyo wrote:
I remembered that adding a tab and {space} to the end of the Segmentation line is necessary for the "Insert the following characters..." field, but I cannot recall what line needs to be added or modified to set the "Target segment font".

I'll have a more comprehensive look later, but for now, if I add "asdf" as the target font in 6.03t, then the INI file shows this:

SegmentColors=asdf 0 0 0 0 0,0,0

(with a tab after "asdf")

Why don't you just search the old Yahoogroups messages? Oh, wait... the Wordfast company did not want those messages to remain available...

[Edited at 2020-03-19 08:53 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:21
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Benkyo Mar 19, 2020

Benkyo wrote:
[Version] 6.99 has always had a problem that changes to the wordfast.ini are often not saved.

Yes, I have found that the trick is to click the "X" after you've made any single change, or to click the "X" before you move to the next tab. This is applies to my current version (6.03t) as well. If you've made a change, and click the "X" and it doesn't prompt you to save the INI file, then your edit didn't stick. On the other hand, if you edited a setting in one tab, moved to another tab, made an edit, and then clicked the "X", it may prompt you to save the INI but it will only save the edit on the current tab or the most recently edited tab.

Benkyo
Benkyo
Japan
Local time: 21:21
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 19, 2020

Your first reply was helpful, thanks, I'll give that a try after the long weekend here.

Unfortunately I don't get the prompt to save even when immediately closing the window without switching tabs, so that workaround doesn't always work (although I did notice the same problem about switching tabs).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Classic 6.99 wordfast.ini target segment font setting

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »