Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:05
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Jul 3, 2022

I wonder whether anyone could please tell me if DV X3 is still compatible also with Windows 11? Just in case I would have to replace my current machine (laptop). Thank you for sharing your experience!

Matthias

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
It is Jul 3, 2022

Matthias Brombach wrote:

I wonder whether anyone could please tell me if DV X3 is still compatible also with Windows 11? Just in case I would have to replace my current machine (laptop). Thank you for sharing your experience!

Matthias

Matthias Brombach

David BUICK
David BUICK  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
DVX2...? Jul 3, 2022

Dare I ask whether DVX2 also works on Win 11...?

Hervé du Verle
Hervé du Verle  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:05
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
Strange… Mar 8, 2023

Or is it because I tried to reinstall it on a Mac M1 running parallel 18 and win11.
I will try again once I cool down (bad day at the office!)

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
There are better solutions for Mac, that directly support Apple Silicon Mar 9, 2023

Hervé du Verle wrote:

Or is it because I tried to reinstall it on a Mac M1 running parallel 18 and win11.
I will try again once I cool down (bad day at the office!)

There are better solutions for Mac, that directly support Apple Silicon, and are under active development.

QUOI
QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
DVX doesn't run on Windows for ARM version Mar 9, 2023

You can only install Windows for ARM through VM environment on Macs with M1/M2 CPU, and DVX doesn't run on Windows for ARM.
Would be super nice if DVX had a native MacOS version.

Merab Dekano
Merab Dekano  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
DVX3 Mar 9, 2023

DVX3: I have been using it for years now (of course, I also have Trados, but I use it on an “as needed” basis). I am very happy with this “fossil” tool. It’s old, yes, but it works just fine. It does not require lots of resources (like, say, Trados or memoQ do), it never “arrests” my files for tag-related issues or whatnot (Trados does), and it’s kind of “cute”.

Will I pay for DVX4 if it gets released? You watch! Will it get released? Naaa; don’t think so.... See more
DVX3: I have been using it for years now (of course, I also have Trados, but I use it on an “as needed” basis). I am very happy with this “fossil” tool. It’s old, yes, but it works just fine. It does not require lots of resources (like, say, Trados or memoQ do), it never “arrests” my files for tag-related issues or whatnot (Trados does), and it’s kind of “cute”.

Will I pay for DVX4 if it gets released? You watch! Will it get released? Naaa; don’t think so.

So, I’m keeping my DVX3, and let me tell you – probably, it’s been the best (and very decent) tool in terms of TCO.

Come on, Lorenzo! Bring it on! Pay we will. Just bring it on.

[Edited at 2023-03-09 18:08 GMT]
Collapse

Matthias Brombach

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DV X3 + Windows 11

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »